tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, March 03, 2005

I am way popular

I am going to steal an idea from Kathryn’s blog and discuss some recent MySpace.com hijinks. When I logged on yesterday morning, my profile view number was hovering around the same place it had been for days, about 95. When I checked my page again after lunch, it had jumped to 214 and I had gotten a couple of messages, which is unusual. (Since my profile states that I am in a relationship and not looking to date, I don't hear from too many people.) One of those messages was from an online aquaintance telling me that I had shown up as a “cool new person” on the site. For those of you not familiar with MySpace, everytime you log on, you see two people in the “cool new people” box. I occasionally click on these profiles, but generally only when the person looks really bizarre or whatever. I spent yesterday afternoon being astounded by my newfound popularity. I was far more astounded when I logged on this morning and found that my profile now have 677 views! I have never felt so popular in my life.

The best part are the messages. I will share a few of the best ones here.

Jon. I’m not going to post his profile b/c he doesn’t deserve to have his numbers bumped up. His message is my favorite:
Subj: Hi
Body: my name is jon and i saw your pic. you know that you are a very beautiful woman. i know this is wierd and i am nervous because i have never asked this before. i was just wondering if you had any sexy pics you would share with me? punisherjon@yahoo.com. i just really would be honored to see more of that amazing body. thong? less? anything... thanks jon
He has “never asked this before” Why don’t I believe him?

Then there was a message from the amusingly monikered ®™~Ghô§twôÍf~™©:
Subj: =]
Body: pardon the interuption here,I mean no harm or anything bad at all but... GREETINGS!

How r ya doing today? I am doing purdy gud- heh- except - i didnt sleep very well- musta been those damn glowing rocks under my bed- but- other than that- i am ok =]

...sorry...I'm just bored- so just ignore me...actually - I am surfing thru myspace...and ended up on your space- so I just figured I would drop a quick hello to ya!

Anyhow, I just like to meet new ppl is all- so please excuse the intrusion here...I guess I oughta look busy anyways- take care and if you want, message me back- if not- I respect and understand that :-)
Cheers!
ALWAYS,
Doug aka ®™~Ghõ§tWõÍf~™©

we now return you to what ever it was you were doing ps- may I add you?
he gets point for originality.

A couple of messages were from people who appeared to have at least glanced at my profile, since they commented on my thing about my wanting cake. Thanks for reading about me, guys, but I’m still not going to add you.

I got a dull message from a guy named Fabio. Sadly, he is not the Fabio. I won't post a link to his profile, since it gives absolutely no information.

Most people just want me to add them. I have my page set up so that you must know my last name or email to add me. This is apparently not common as most people are surprised that they can’t just add me. Here is one of them: Rain
Subj: Wanting to add you, if thats alright
Body: My name is Rainier. I saw the pics you have of yourself. I think your very attractive and you sound nice so I was kinda wondering if I can add you. But your settings are set for those you know so I figure I'd send you a message instead. I hope you'll add me if your ok with it. I'm somewhat a nice guy depending how you look at me ^_^ Uh yeah, so uh, I guess i'll cya around. You can add me if you want. If you find anything on my profile, pics, etc, appealing to you. Laters. ~Rain~

At least he asked politely. Shahid’s message simply said “add me.” Not even a please? I don’t think so.

Pasha thinks very highly of himself.
Subj: Read this...Body:
My Space. My Face.
Current mood: thoughtful

All rolled into one, gather yourself here.
These souls feel nothing, all of them fear.
Lust for achievement.
Strive to be viewed noble.
What is your purpose?
A number? A total?
Do you keep running, due to its comfort?
Is it them lost?
Or your soul playing star-search?
Love not those others, too poor, to love self.
Do you think poor is money?
Or no spiritual health?
No drive to exceed, except in my eyes.
That is no person, only a disguise.
They, i mean you, we both have hearts.
You stray off the path, to ask why i depart?
I have stood still, here and there.
Sometimes my drive, was to not even care.
Thats never solved much.
Yes indeed, we know this.
But its easy to walk and easier to focus.
Blinded by my space, poisened my own thoughts.
Then came the clearing, my voice could then talk.
The first thing i said, was right in my ear.
Is this your face?
Are you still here?
Why are you seduced?
Its you fooling you? again!
Didnt you learn the first time?
Or does contemp claim the win?
To be drowing, and have rain, wouldnt add much.
Dont lose yourself.
Your already losing touch.....

Pash....hmmm i like that one
Wow, he’s a poet.

I was somewhat intrigued by BOSA’s pic, although not so much by her message:
Body: You are so gorgeous and intriguing...I wanted to add you to my good network of friends but coud not! Sorry girl!
Bosa girl from SanFrancisco
You really should check out this profile.

These messages could totally go to my head. Dora says “wow. ur beautiful.” Aw, thanks Dora. Dora is a swinger with kids by the way.

Sideshow Bob is a Kid Rock lovin’ pagan who says: "You are so beautiful. Please add my name, so I can get to know you?.” Hey, at least he said please.

One guy actually took the time to read my blog and added a comment about a museum I might want to check out when I am in London. Thanks!

That's all for now. I must be off the "cool new people" rotation, because I'm stuck at around 730 views at the moment.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home