tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, January 19, 2007

Express Yourself

I got very excited today when I opened up my copy of the Express, went straight to the Blog Log (after a quick stop at the gossip page), and saw that my blog was mentioned. After nearly two years of blogging, I had finally been picked up by the Express. I’ve never really expected to get picked up by them, since I tend not to cover the topics they seem to like (politics, commuting on the Metro, pandas). It’s not quite an Oscar, but it’s a little bit like getting a Golden Globe. As Kevin Bacon said on Will and Grace, “My Golden Globe really meant a lot because it didn’t come from my peers, it came from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.”

Then I read the sentence they quoted from yesterday’s blog:

“By mid-month, the resolutions have been all broken and you’re left with detritus of the holidays to clean up.”

“Hmmh,” I thought to myself. “They cut the parenthetical bits, but that must have been for space. I don’t really like the construction of this sentence. Why did I write it that way? It really would have been better as ‘By mid-month, the resolutions have all been broken, and you’re left with the detritus of the holidays to clean up.’”

Then I went back to my original and saw that this was the sentence I had actually written. Does the Express not understand cut and paste? Did they actually retype the sentence? So, anyways, Express, thanks, sort of. And remember, highlight the text, then ctrl C and ctrl V. It’s really very simple.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/19/07, 7:52 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    !!! DITTO !!!

    All of mine had typos I went back and found were not in the original post. :/

    But congrats.

    (And no offense to MG)

     
  • At 1/20/07, 2:47 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    This amuses me, since they were un-bright enough to put a "[sic]" after a purposeful "internets" the first time they excerpted me. Clearly they expect everyone else to be even dumber/more careless than they are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home