tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Notes from a 4-Day Weekend

I attended five parties. One was in Baltimore. Baltimore is really really far away, and we only brought two CDs for the ride (actually, I brought three, but one of them didn’t have a CD in the case. I do this all the time. It’s a really bad habit.), so we had to listen to both of them twice.

Parties are awesome. Less awesome: being the first person at a party and then having to leave before most of the other guests arrived because Baltimore is so far away.

I wrote approximately 30 cards. I wrapped approximately 30 presents. I stood on line for approximately 30 minutes at the post office waiting to mail a package and buy stamps. Seriously, people, five days before Christmas when the line is out the door is not the time to have a 10-minute conversation with the postal employee about the relative merits of 1st class versus priority mail. You’re lucky the rest of the customers didn’t throw their packages at you.

From Friday to Sunday, I ate no real food, just hors d’oeuvres. Approximately 133 hors d’oeuvres. I would like all future food intake to be in bite-sized portions. Rugelach are fantastic and so is June for letting me take home a bag of like 20 of them. Sadly, the fifth party put me into a temporary sugar coma.

I watched approximately 12 episodes of One Tree Hill. It’s possible that the first season DVD may have recently entered my possession. It’s also possible that it was purchased on ebay (New! Sealed! Totally not bootleg!) for the low, low price of $18.99, which someone may have convinced herself was actually cheaper than putting it on the Netflix list. Which is probably true, since we never get around to watching our Netflix DVDs, and they are costing approximately $15 each, and that would be six DVDs times $15, versus $18.99. Or something like that. But now I’m going to come out and stop using the third person here, since why should I be ashamed to admit that One Tree Hill is like my favoritest show of all time*? Nathan luvs Haley 4ever! As one friend said this weekend, when I tried to convince him of the greatness of One Tree Hill, “You really need to get cable.”

*There are actually many, many reasons, far too many to get into here. Still, this show is strangely gripping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home