tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

(Un)-exciting Weekend

As a result of last week’s supermarket senior moment, we needed a few things from the store, so rather than drive to the social Safeway as we usually do, we decided to walk over to our local ghetto Safeway and pick up a few things. Bad idea. There was a traffic jam in the doorway, because of some idiot who was trying to attach their little walking cart to their grocery cart. Ummh, do you have to do this in the doorway? People who regularly shop at this Safeway are apparently so used to things being chaotic that no one was even complaining. Except me. Yeah, I’m that person. What can I say, I have issues. Once we finally got inside, even the express lines had about 30 people in them, and I started mumbling something about “What the fuck? Do we live in Russia?” So we decided to split a burrito at Chipotle instead and pick up a few necessities (Cheese Wiz, a couple of 40s, and a Powerball ticket—we’re all class at the Tiara/Kissington abode) at our local convenience mart. Even half a Chipotle burrito left me ridiculously full. I don’t know how I used to eat a whole one. (Actually, I do. I would just eating until I get past the full feeling. Bad idea.) I don’t feel too bad about the burrito since I went to the gym Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have been to the gym 10 out of the last 14 days. This is not really all that exciting for an average healthy person, but this is probably the most I have gone to the gym in the last 3 years. And on some of the days I didn’t make it to the gym, I did weights at home. New leaf, consider yourself turned over.

6 Comments:

  • At 10/18/05, 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is there still a rat living in the cheese aisle of that Safeway? Haven't heard of a sighting in years.

    Only get in the express lane with the tiny, drag-queeny cashier, he's lightning fast. The others will raise your blood pressure a few (more) notches with their slo-mo rining up. -L

     
  • At 10/18/05, 6:39 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    this was the first time i have been in that safeway in two years, so i'm not sure if it is still there. i have definitely seen it before, although i think it was a mouse, not a rat. either way, it doesn't say much for the store.

     
  • At 10/18/05, 6:49 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Go, Etta, Go with your bad lifting, working-out, and half-burrito-eating self!

     
  • At 10/18/05, 7:01 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    i am pretty self-congratulatory about eating a 600-calorie burrito rather than a 1200-calorie one, but you gotta start somewhere, right?

     
  • At 10/18/05, 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Josh M. says: "there's a term for that burrito-eating too-full feeling. It's called 'crossing the sex barrier'. For marrieds and singles alike, it's that forkful of food that makes the thought of sex soon after just unthinkable. On a quarter-burrito, you'd get naked no-problem. Just after the half-burrito, you take a bite and call it a night, and get the antacids.

     
  • At 10/18/05, 10:15 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    welcome, josh. nice to see you. so this is what i have to look forward too once i get hitched? i can think of another example of "crossing the sex barrier": when you've drunk so much that the thought of sex is no longer remotely appealing and all you want to do is sleep. like the one bite of burrito, this is a fine line. you can be just drunk enough to still want it, then one or two sips more, and you are just too drunk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home