tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolution Time

I’m not really big on New Year’s resolutions, since I’m usually just setting myself up for failure. My main goal for 2006 is to make it to my wedding without having a nervous breakdown. So far, I’m failing miserably.

I guess another resolution would be to continue working out regularly, which I’ve been doing for several months now. I slowed down the pace a bit over the holidays because everything got really hectic, but I was still making it to the gym about three times a week. I’m getting back into my routine and should be back up to six times this week. I work out in my rather lame apartment gym. It’s got the basic stuff that I need, but it’s certainly no frills. This isn’t a problem; it’s usually not very crowded, which is a huge plus.

Now it’s 2006, and apparently, the whole building’s number 1 resolution was to get in shape, and the gym was insanely crowded last night. I was totally bitter. Of course, by next week, none of them will be there and I can go back to working out in relative solitude (and I won’t have to deal with people who ask if I’m really watching the TV. Ummh, yes, I AM watching the Golden Girls. Want to make something of it?). Also, note to the rather large dude hogging the new elliptical machine: I don’t care how sweaty you get, that hot pink do rag is the worst look ever for you. Just say no.

4 Comments:

  • At 1/4/06, 7:38 PM, Blogger Sharkbait said…

    Are you kidding? After work when I work out-I turn on Golden Girls...

    It's something about that Sophia that keeps me going on the treadmill.

    And I thought it was only me. I absolutely LOVE it!

     
  • At 1/4/06, 8:57 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    i wanna add a resolution but i don't wanna edit my own blog. so i will just add it here:

    i want to kill as many people as possible who answer their cell phone 'what up?' fucking whitey.

     
  • At 1/4/06, 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Golden Girls...classic!
    So, there is some guy with a hot pink do rag on while working out? That's just sad! ha ha

    Keep up the fantastic workout routine...I bet you look wonderful! (not that you didn't before!) :-)

     
  • At 1/5/06, 2:59 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    sharkbait and chase: i totally heart the golden girls. i am totally a dorothy. and thanks for the encouragment, chase!

    bryc3: i thought the whole "what up" thing was our special joke. thanks a lot, man. it used to be special.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home