tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, December 02, 2005

Belated Wrap-up

I would have posted about Wednesday night’s happenin’ happy hour, but yesterday, I spent groaning in pain with a migraine. Like an idiot, I went to work (didn’t really have much choice, since I had a deadline). I considered live blogging my migraine. It would have gone something like this:

9:12 a.m. Owwwwww.
9:15 a.m. Writhing in pain.
9:22 a.m. Waves of nausea.
9:37 a.m. More waves of nausea.
9:52 a.m. Stumble out to CVS for Pepto to combat nausea. Swig Pepto on way back to office.
10:17 a.m. Shut office door and curl up in fetal position on tiny office couch.

Yup, it was a fantastic day.

The happy hour was loads of fun. I am pretty shy (although for some reason, no one ever believes me when I say that), but I forced myself to talk to people and not just sit in a corner guzzling wine. There was a huge turnout, as you no doubt know already from the more timely summaries. Our hostesses Kathryn, DC Cookie, Rhinestone Cowgirl, and Asian Mistress did a fab job organizing. I met/chatted with/caught up with I-66, A Unique Alias, Rock Creek Rambler, DC Bachelor, the Boy (and his friends, not sure if they are bloggers), Heather B, Sharkbait, Velvet, Lance, the VP of Dior, EJ Takes Life, a non-blogging commenter, and probably some others that I can’t remember because of having my brain pretty messed up yesterday. It was a great time, and overcoming my shyness for the night was definitely a good thing.

I have this bad habit of putting my CDs back in the wrong cases. I just grab whatever is nearest. This turns out to be a real problem when you open up a Clash case and find Kylie Minogue instead. I mean, I love Kylie to pieces, but when you are in a Clash kind of mood, she just won’t do. Lately, a new problem has arisen. I open up a CD case and it’s empty. But I have no idea where the CDs are. I don’t have a huge pile of loose CDs lying around. This is just weird.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home