tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Register This

As you may have gathered from previous posts, I am not exactly loving the whole wedding planning process. I find it tedious at best and severely anxiety-provoking at worst. But there is one part that is actually really fun: the registry list. This is where I get to be greedy greedy greedy and it’s considered socially acceptable. I tried to be rather modest at first. I started a registry at Crate and Barrel, and I only added a few things. But whenever I would go back to the list, I would get a message saying “You have only 10 items left on your list! Add more! Add more! Add more!” (or something like that.) It’s all a vicious cycle. I’ve always wanted an asparagus steamer (I love asparagus, but it’s a pain to cook properly without a specially shaped steamer), so I added that to the list. But then I realized that I couldn’t live without the matching asparagus tongs, and the white china asparagus plate, which actually looks like asparagus stalks (so adorable). I mean, if you’re going to have asparagus, you must as well go all out. This is a very dangerous slippery slope.

I have been trying to turn over a new leaf and be less snarky*, but then I see something like this picture of Sienna Miller, and I just can’t help myself. Did she actually look in the mirror and think, “Wow, I look hot. And who cares if this top is pushing my boobs down to my waist?” I simply cannot imagine what goes through her head. Is her on-again/off-again relationship with Jude so rough that it’s actually killing brain cells? (So much for that new leaf thing.)

*Because of some misguided notion that a bitter, sarcastic person can never be truly happy. I don’t know if I believe this, because really, without the snarkiness, I would be exceptionally dull, and no one will want to hang out with me, and how can I be happy if I have no friends?

1 Comments:

  • At 11/16/05, 5:09 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    A friend of mine registered for stuff like packs of gum and bars of soap at Bed Bath & Beyond. So I obliged and bought him a few packs of Juicy Fruit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home