tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Can I Just Curl up in a Ball and Sob?

Last Wednesday, I arrived at work to find that my computer was broken. I quickly diagnosed the problem and informed the tech people about it. The person who came to look at my machine told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. They took the CPU away, and I just got it back today. Turns out I was right, right, right about the problem, but that’s small consolation for not having the damn thing for 8 days. I had to work from someone else’s office, and so I felt it best to steer clear of blogging. Normally, I would just write from home, but sadly, the home machine is also not working. This problem seems to be simpler to fix, however. Lord Kissington brought it into work where he and a co-worker tried to figure out why it wouldn’t turn on. They thought it might have something to do with dust being caught in the fan. Well, sort of. Turns out there was a dead bug caught in the fan. Yes, I am quite the little housekeeper. Anyway, that’s the short version of why there haven’t been any posts.

I’m not feeling much in the holiday spirit at the moment, but it’s not all bad. June and Ward’s baby arrived this weekend, and he is 6 pounds 2 ounces of adorableness. Lord K and I actually arrived at their house to pick up some travel books about 5 minutes after her water broke. (I swear, we’re not really that insensitive; we had made the plans a half-hour earlier when the water was totally intact.) June was extremely calm and was yelling out travel tips as she was packing to head to the hospital. So, congratulations to them, and I hope they get a little sleep between now and the kid going off to college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home