tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Monday, April 03, 2006

Getting Out of the House

I had big plans to continue posting about Spain this weekend, but then I decided that actually getting out and doing stuff would be a better idea, since I have to actually experience life now and then to have things to write about. I found, that in the weeks preceding the wedding, I barely left the house. I just had so much on my mind and I didn’t have the energy to be social. It was just easier to stay home, even if said home looks like a Crate and Barrel store that’s really let itself go. I tried to remedy that this weekend. It was really fun, although my liver is begging for mercy.

Friday night, Lord Kissington and I went out to dinner. Thankfully, even after two weeks in Spain with no one else to talk to, we can still find things to say to each other. Phew. Saturday, I had dinner with Mary Ann and then we met up with various people and drank too much. I actually felt extremely sober until I made the fateful decision to have that one last bad idea jeans beer and it was all downhill from there. Sunday, we grilled out with some old friends (and new baby) and then I had drinks with some new friends. I feel like I’ve reentered society. Damn, I missed you people.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home