tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, June 02, 2006

Marginally Less Grumpy

I remain as grumpy as ever for the following reasons:

1. Yesterday, I caught my heel in a hole in the sidewalk and wrenched my knee. Owweee. Today, I am reduced to wearing sensible shoes (although by “sensible,” I mean “supercute blue suede sneakers,” not “orthopedic oxfords”).

2. My wedding ring is driving me nuts. Am I going to have to get a summer version a size larger to accommodate my fat sausage fingers? Lord Kissington, who has never worn jewelry before, has completely adjusted to the wedding ring, which makes me feel kind of bad.

3. I am drowning in stuff and I desperately need to get rid of some of it. Why am I such a packrat?

Things making me slightly less grumpy:

1. Another wedding gift arrived this week: Marimekko sheets and comforter. I am beyond excited. All of my sheets have needed replacing for ages (one set is so threadbare, it’s see-through), but I held off, figuring I would register for them and get them as wedding gifts. However, it turned out that most of our guests would rather give us really useful items like panini makers (my own darn fault, since I put it on the list) and crystal bowls. The new sheets and comforter are inspiring me to do something about the state of the bedroom. That’s right, it’s spring cleaning time this weekend (I know it feels like the dog days of summer out there, but technically it’s still spring until June 20). I need to do about 8 loads of laundry, which will be a huge pain, but will at least give me a sense of accomplishment (and clean clothes) at the end.

2. The imminent arrival of a package with some clothes and purses I ordered recently. I used to be a complete purse addict, but I have really cut back and have only bought one purse in the last year. It was time for some new ones. Now if I can just part with a few of the old ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home