tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, March 09, 2007

I Officially Surrender

As I’ve said before, I really love winter. I love snow, I love frigid temperatures, I’m a total Viking. But now I have to admit that winter has finally kicked my ass.

On Tuesday, I was loving the cold and excited about the possibility of one last snowstorm. Then I noticed a tickle in the back of my throat. That tickle is now a full-fledged sore throat, and I am well on my way to a cold, which will be approximately my 18th illness of the season.

Winter, why do you hate me? I’ve been so good to you. I’ve embraced every below-freezing day. I’ve scoffed at the pussies complaining about the cold. I’ve sneered at the idiots who don’t know how to layer. I’ve walked to work during every snowstorm. I’ve worshipped at your frozen altar. And how do you repay me? With every miserable fucking germ? I thought we had an understanding, winter. Why aren’t you infecting all the whiners who don’t know enough to wear hats and scarves? Why me?

Thanks a lot, winter. I am so over you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home