tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lame Numbered Post 47

1. The lack of posting has a lot to do with the fact that I was sick. Again. I have been sick almost non-stop this winter. Once in November. Once in December. Again in January. Now twice in February. I get stressed out, I can’t sleep well, I get run down, and then I get sick again. It’s a vicious cycle. Immune system, I have had it with you.

2. My faith in humanity was briefly restored on Monday by the very kind people who stopped and aided Lord Kissington and me in digging the car out (we were able to get it out of our lot with no trouble, but got stuck in a parking space in another part of town). You people are my heroes.

3. My faith in humanity has been shot down again by the various drivers who’ve tried to run me over the past two mornings on my way to work. Seriously, people, I know the roads aren’t in great shape, but that does not mean you get to ignore stop signs.

4. I didn’t watch much TV or spend much time on the internets over the long weekend, so I was unaware until yesterday that Britney Spears had gone totally insane and shaved her head. When I mentioned this to some friends last night, they all gave me shocked and disappointed looks, as if I had somehow fallen down on the pop culture job. Oh, the shame. On the upside, this week’s issue of US Weekly should have an awesome Britney cover shot. Will she be bald? Will she be crying? Will her abundant flesh be spilling out of an ill-fitting, inappropriate outfit? I’m thinking all of the above.

5. It’s Ash Wednesday today, so if you see anyone with dark smudges on their foreheads, it’s not just a matter of poor personal hygiene. I am nominally a Catholic, but I’ve been lapsed for so many years, I’ve forgotten most of the arcane lore I learned as a child and thus have no idea what the ashes mean. I haven’t been to Mass on Ash Wednesday since childhood, except for this one time in college, when I went with a guy I had a very mild crush on. Midway through the ceremony, I remembered that church dates were totally not my thing, that there were many reasons that I was a lapsed Catholic, and that this “relationship” was going nowhere. Also, the fact that I used Ash Wednesday to hang out with a guy probably makes the baby Jebus cry.

*Other than the time spent obsessively rearranging my Itunes playlists. Yes, I have a serious problem.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2/22/07, 11:10 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    The ashes are all about, like, mortality, and an outward sign of penance, and stuff.

    I didn't go to mass either.

     
  • At 2/23/07, 2:22 AM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    sort of like sackcloth and ashes, i guess. i'm sure there's something i should be doing penance for, but i'll skip the ashes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home