tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, November 09, 2007

Wardrobe Missteps

Usually, I complain about what everyone else in wearing (seriously, anyone who doesn’t have superskinny calves and wears flat boots that only come halfway up the calf needs to have their hands examined; it’s incredibly unflattering), but I do realize that if I’m going to insult the rest of the world, I should be able to criticize myself. And I really needed to yesterday.

In an effort to be more organized and get out the door in a timely manner in the morning, I pick out my work clothes the night before. I usually pull them out of the closet, but last night, I picked out the outfit (dark pink flowered silk chiffon dress, not as dressy as it sounds, and a black velvet jacket, and black boots) in my mind but left it in the closet. This was a big mistake. When I pulled the velvet jacket out this morning, I realized that it had spent months hanging next to a white angora sweater. It looked like a white cat had rolled all over it. I attacked it with a lint roller, but it was taking too long, so I switched to a different jacket. And pondered why on earth I still have that stupid angora sweater, which I never wear because (a) it itches like crazy and (b) I hate angora.

I put on boots and skipped tights because it’s usually pretty warm at work. Sadly, skipping the tights was another mistake, since the silk dress didn’t exactly protect me from the insanely-cold-for-November weather, and I had a bracing wind tunnel effect going on under my dress all the way to work.

I got to work and figured, well, at least the outfit looks good. Until I looked down at one point and realized that, oops, the dress is kind of see-through. I’m not sure why I never noticed this all the other times I’ve worn it. Like a couple of weeks back when I wore it to church to become a godmother. That’s right. I wore a sorta see-through dress to church. Classy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home