tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Few Notes

Posting has been sporadic because of the stress of leaving the old job and the anxiety of starting the new one. Of course, posting has been sporadic for months now, so I suppose this is nothing new.


1. I’ve always known that I have a big head, and not only in the figurative sense. One size fits all hats never fit me. But my head seems to have reached all new levels of biggitude. I tried on a blouse that wouldn’t even fit over my head. I kept looking for some sort of hook or clasp, but there was nothing. And the neckline wasn’t elastic. Who makes a blouse that you can’t fit over your head? Or am I just deformed?

2. The new job is going well, except for a few minor problems like walking into walls and ending up in the garage instead of outside. Apparently, I am directionally challenged. I’m making an impressive debut.

3. Things are going well, except for the other morning when I woke up at 5 a.m. with the most severe calf cramp I’ve ever had. It was so bad, I actually screamed. I guess I was pretty loud since I woke up Lord Kissington, a man who sleeps so heavily I’ve always figured he would sleep through an apocalypse. The cramp passed, but I’m wondering if it has something to do with switching between flats and really high heels so much lately.

4. Bringing a book to work is problematic to read during lunch is problematic. I really want to read this book about a teenager who’s in love with a vampire, but that probably isn’t the image I want to project quite so early in my tenure. Instead, I’ve been carrying the Letters of Heloise and Abelard, a book I’ve been reading the introduction to for approximately 6 months. Maybe I’ll actually make it to the letters this time.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9/14/07, 3:28 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    I'll put my big head up against yours any day of the week.

     
  • At 10/14/07, 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i don't think i could read heloise and abelard. after all, they named their son astrolabe and that kind of sadism requires two sick minds.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home