tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

This Is My 300th Post?

When I logged on to Blogger to post this, I realized that this will be my 300th post. Sadly, I don't have a momentous post just for this moment. As you may have noticed if you haven’t given up visiting this blog entirely, there hasn’t been much content lately. I just haven’t had much to write about, and I’ve been extra lazy, so even when I do have something I could possibly wrangle into a blog post, I usually just say “eh” and lay on the couch instead. There is a serious Lady Tiara-shaped depression in said couch these days.

I recently saw a friend I hadn’t seen in over a year. She asked what was new. I had pretty much nothing to say.

I wish I could say that blogging has been light because of my busy involvement in

1. Saving the world.
2. Making macrame plant holders (betcha can’t wait until Christmas, people)
3. My nothing short of brilliant Saved by the Bell fan fiction.

Sadly, or perhaps fortunately for the last two, none of these things are true.

So, having not much going on and feeling a bit out of sorts, this weekend I fell back on an activity that always makes me feel better: getting rid of shit.

I threw out

3 skirts
6 tops
2 dresses
1 pair of pajama pants
5 pairs of old or ill-fitting or just plain ugly shoes

And that was just a start. It’s always very liberating for me to get rid of things. And during the process, I rediscovered a skirt I had forgotten I had (surely a sign that my closet is out of control). Sadly, the shoe progress that I made is mitigated by the three pairs of shoes I’ve purchased since Sunday. And the other two pairs I have my eye on probably won’t help (but surely it’s a sign when a pair of shoes that you’ve been eyeing is now on sale for less than half of the original price?).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home