tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thank You for Not Mentioning That Thing on My Face

I was at CVS the other day morning, picking up a few necessities, wearing my Ipod and trying to ignore the masses of humanity around me. “The Lady Is a Tramp” by Frank Sinatra played, and it was just so peppy and jazzy that I totally wanted to bust out a couple of dance moves. I refrained, but I realized as I was walking out of the store that this was the Dupont Circle CVS, and I’d have to do something a lot more extreme than dance if I wanted to get anyone’s attention. Like maybe vomit blood.

***********************************************************

I considered working from home yesterday because of a massive growth on my face. And by “massive growth,” I mean “enormous pimple.” This is completely unfair. I am too old to still have pimples. To be honest, aging completely sucks, but one benefit should be a complete and utter lack of pimples. This pimple is of the unfortunate variety that I only get every 5 years or so. It’s big, it’s red, it’s throbbing (actually painful), and it’s impossible to hide, being that it’s smack dab in the middle of my cheek. The concealer helps a bit with the redness, but all the concealer in the world can’t hide the fact that there is a very three-dimensional entity poking out of my cheek. Lord Kissington has been nice enough not to remark on it, but it probably helped that I left the house before Blindy McCan’tSee put in his contacts. I would try medicating it in some way, but all anti-pimple creams do for me is dry the skin around the pimple out while leaving the pimple throbbingly intact.

***********************************************************

In sad DC-related news, the venerable Reeves Bakery and Restaurant closed last Friday. Reeves has been a DC institution for since 1886 years. When I was just a wee tot, my dad used to take me to the original Reeves (which was a really amazing place that sadly burned down sometime in the in this amazing old building that burned down sometimes in the 80s). They had these awesome ham salad sandwiches. Their cakes, pies, and doughnuts were to die for. They vacated their last location because of problems with the lease and are currently looking for a new location. Here’s hoping they find one soon.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home