tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Random Again

1. I’ve been quite distracted lately, hence the lack of posting. Just how off my normal self I am was made clear to me this weekend. As I made half-hearted attempts to straighten up the bedroom, I found a pile of magazines and realized that the last three issues of Vogue have gone basically unread. This is unheard of for me. I’m not sure if it’s me or if it’s the increasing lameness of Vogue. I have to admit that when the last issue arrived, I said, “Hmmh, Keira Knightley. Again?” and tossed it into a pile. Still, I’m inclined to think it’s me, since the last few weeks of US Weekly haven’t brought me my usual level of schadenfreude. (Seriously, a cover story about a baby? Perhaps in 16 or 17 years when Shiloh is puking outside nightclubs and dating daddy’s aging Lothario friends, she’ll be worth the cover, but now? In a week when Paris is off to the pokey and Lindsay was arrested, I expected more.)

2. Another reason for the lack of posting is that I’ve actually been trying to write some fiction, and my, err, creative energies have been focused in that direction. The stuff I am working on is still in a very early gestational stage, and I’ve forbidden Lord Kissington from reading any of it. To that end, every time he comes near me when I’m working on the computer, I stand up or minimize Word or flail around flapping my arms in front of the monitor so he can’t see anything. He’s invariably offended by this sort of behavior, as he had made no attempt to read anything. I started to wonder why I was so paranoid, and I realized that it’s because if the situation were reversed, I would be insanely curious and would have a very difficult time keeping myself from sneaking a peek. Clearly, he is a far better human being than I am.

3. I recently found, for a low low price, a collection of extended dance remixes of Depeche Mode songs. For me, this is like being caressed by angels. For Lord Kissington, not so much.

4. NIH is apparently *still* under the mistaken impression that I am in menopause, as they have asked me to join another study. I have no idea why this is the case. People, I am not getting any younger, but I am still far from menopause age. Actually, they are quite lucky I am not menopausal, as if I were, I would probably take my hot-flashy menopausal ass down to their headquarters, smack someone with the tasteful card they sent me inviting me to join their study, and scream, “I’m not old enough for this” over and over again.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home