tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Sunday, April 22, 2007

So Boring

It’s been very hard for me to post at all lately, mainly because my life has been so fucking boring for the past couple of weeks. For example, I was home sick last Friday with a migraine, and I did pretty much nothing but lie in bed moaning (and not in the good way) all day.

I spent last weekend not doing much of anything, feeling totally blah. I made it to work on Monday, but stayed home Tuesday and Wednesday with a cold (which is like my 42nd cold of the season; my immune system decided to take winter off it seems). During all this time spent at home, I was in my pajamas more than regular clothes. Also, my insomnia is back with a vengeance, so I’ve been pretty much braindead for days. Sleeping only 4 or 5 hours a night will do that to you.

I watched a couple of movies, several episodes of Twin Peaks, several episodes of Gilmore Girls, and approximately 25 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I sat around on the couch. I read US Weekly. I avoided most coverage of the Tech shooting, because the situation is depressing enough without having to watch exploitative reports that make me want to throw things at the TV.

So, I’ve been at a loss for blog topics. What can I write about?

Why I have spent more time sick than healthy lately.
How I had forgotten just how fucking weird Twin Peaks is (and how it makes me yearn for a good slice of cherry pie).
Why all the people who inhabit the town in Gilmore Girls are so darn precious (seriously, have they ever explained why the next door neighbor lives in a house designed for midgets?)
US Weekly: Is it just me or is the “Stars: They’re Just Like Us!” feature becoming increasingly lame?
Bride and Prejudice versus Pride and Prejudice: The guy who plays Will in B&P is no Colin Firth. He’s no Matthew MacFadeyn either.
How I’m really sick of movies arriving from Netflix that I have no memory of having put on the list. Since we’re now getting movies I added to the list in a burst of enthusiasm in 2005, this is a recurring problem.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Angel or Spike? (This would be a short post since the answer is clearly Spike. ).

Here’s hoping things get more interesting soon.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4/22/07, 10:51 AM, Blogger schadenfreude said…

    wait, what happened to federal jury duty? did the whole thing get cancelled? I was SO looking forward to hearing about that.

    And I'm always up for tales of the following:
    any pointless violent crimes in the neighborhood lately?
    run-ins with poorly socialized neighbors?
    and what's happened to the celebrity schadenfreude?

     
  • At 4/23/07, 12:53 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    Bravo used to rerun Twin Peaks at some obscene hour of the morning--like 2 or 3 a.m.--which meant that the only time I ever saw episodes was when I had insomnia or jetlag. Just when you thought there was nothing that could make that show more trippy or surreal. . .

     
  • At 4/23/07, 11:51 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    schadenfreude: after keeping me on the hook for almost two weeks, the trial was suddenly cancelled AND I still have to serve. totally bitter.

    as for the rest:

    1. plenty of pointless crime in DC, nothing awful in our hood lately as far as i know.
    2. the neighbors have been pretty quiet lately, although my next-door is very loudly getting some after a few months of a dry spell (and blissful quiet).
    3. it’s hard to work up any enthusiasm for celebrities lately. Britney makes it way too easy. even US Weekly has been lame lately.

    jb: i'm guessing certain controlled substances might make twin peaks even weirder. although it's totally trippy on its own.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home