tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Day All Gone to Hell

I took Wednesday off from work, because I haven’t taken a day off in ages and because I wanted to do my taxes. My taxes aren’t really that complicated, I just like to have a day to do them with nothing else hanging over my head. I had big plans: do my taxes, run some errands, and go to the gym. The day didn’t turn out quite as well I had hoped.

*Get up, eat breakfast, and do the federal taxes. Am getting money back for the first time in 10 years. Woo hoo.
*Call Lord Kissington to tell him the good news.
*Consider running errands, but need to check work email first.
*Check work email.
*Discover crisis.
*Spend next two hours working.
*Grumble for 10 minutes about having to work on my day off.
*Do DC taxes.
*Discover that we owe $900.
*Hysterically call Lord Kissington.
*Redo DC taxes as married filing separately to bring that total down to under $200.
*Breathe sigh of relief, as we are still getting more than that back from the feds, so we’re coming out ahead.
*Call Lord Kissington yet again with the good news.
*Check work email again to see that crisis has been averted.
*Debate going to the gym, but decide to watch General Hospital instead.
*Wonder who the hell all these new characters are and why they are ruining my stories.
*Again debate going to the gym, but decide to watch an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead.
*Ponder some huge holes in the plot but decide they don’t matter because this episode is about Spike and storyline inconsistencies seem unimportant before the awesomeness that is Spike.
*Consider running errands again, but realize that it’s cold and gross out and LK will be home from work at any minute.
*Accept that my day off is basically shot and pour myself a glass of wine.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4/13/07, 2:01 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    General Hospital is a hot mess right now, and you actually got the worst of it for tuning in on a day that was all teens, Jason/Sonny, Sam's implausible TV career, and the Incredible 40 ft. tall Carly.

    Try to catch it on a day when Alexis and Mr. Craig/Brosnan are on. HOT!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home