tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hug Your Mom

I was working on this rather long involved post about some draining family drama involving my aunt and her Easter-related behavior, but I was having a lot of issues with it and was very undecided about actually posting it. And then I found out that, over the weekend, two mothers of friends of mine died. One mom had been sick for a while, but the other death was completely unexpected. One of the moms I had never met; the other I’d known since childhood.

So, I’ve scrapped that post entirely, because the antics of an aging drama queen seem rather silly in the face of death. And trying to make sense of something that doesn’t make sense. And being momless. So, I’m going to ignore my aunt and hug my mom. I encourage you to do the same.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home