tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, May 04, 2007

Roses Are Dead, Violets Are Blue

The other night, I was walking through the hallway to my apartment, and I noticed that someone had stuck a single red rose through the door knocker of the apartment across the hall from me. “Oh, how romantic,” I thought to myself. Then my eyes adjusted to the low light, and I realized that the rose was dead. And it hadn’t been there earlier in the day, so it’s not as if someone stopped by a few days before and the person was away and the rose died before they got back. No, someone placed a dead rose there. Creepy, but at least it wasn’t on Valentine’s Day. Maybe my neighbor has a Goth admirer?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5/4/07, 1:33 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    I was visiting someone in hospital yesterday and one of the room doors had a silk rose taped to it. I was similarly creeped out, and wondered what it meant. It was either the lamest "congratulations" or the lamest declaration of mourning I've ever seen.

     
  • At 5/7/07, 5:44 AM, Blogger Big Sky Girl said…

    Now was it dead or dried?

     
  • At 5/8/07, 2:56 AM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    jb: very creepy.

    bsg: i considered that it might be dried, but it looked like it would disintegrate into ashes if you breathed near it, so i'm thinking dead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home