tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

This is the kind of hipster I am?

The tortured intellectual hipster

You're sensitive, you're emotional, and you wonder why everyone else in the world exists on a different plane. You cannot eat, breathe, or sleep without analyzing each action to death. You're usually sombre, depressed, lethargic, but you can be nearly glad from time to time. You wear whatever you can find on your cluttered bedroom floor. You carry books, notepads, reading glasses with you wherever you go. You have friends, but only a few who truly get where you're coming from. You frequent coffee shops, libraries, and the less crowded bars. You're obsessed with past people, past ideas, past lives. You wish you could die and be reborn as Jack Kerouac.

I dunno. I mean, I do have a thing for past ideas and my bedroom floor is cluttered, but I don't have any strong feelings for Jack Kerouac.

Update: I neglected to give the link to the quiz so my readers (all three of you) can find out what kind of hipster they are: hipster quiz.

8 Comments:

  • At 3/31/05, 1:27 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Well, you *are* way into history (things and people past), but you put plenty of thought into your cute ensembles. Please!

    So where did you take the hipster quiz?

     
  • At 3/31/05, 4:09 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    a link to the hipster quiz has been added. i've noticed that most of these quizzes are really based on one crucial question (since i often get an answer i don't like so i keep taking the quiz and changing my answers until i get one i do). i'm just wondering what was the crucial question that indentified me as a mopey hipster.

     
  • At 3/31/05, 4:19 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I like that I'm the "fashion plate" hipster as a title, but the description sucks (see below). Also, I drive a 2002 Jetta so I didn't feel like I was right in choosing 2004 Maxima, but 1997 Jetta seemed wrong too. Inexact science.

    You know what's "in" and what's "out," and you give those trends the finger! You wear what you want and get damn respect for it. You still own pants you wore in high school. Your hair is five different shades of hip. You make it cool to shop at Goodwill, the Gap, and even Walmart. You hang out in crowded bars and restaurants, but don't care if anyone is even looking at you (though they are). You're swank and friendly and at ease just about anywhere. You're well-liked and talked about. The world wants to be just like you.

     
  • At 3/31/05, 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHO AM I, one guess (since you only have 3 readers):

    I'm the "ARTISTE" I do LOVE electronic music, and feel alienated since no one else does. They forgot play with glue to go along with bits of paper. However my clothes have no symmetry or color scheme...what other types are there, did you try them all Etta?

    the Artiste:
    You paint, you draw, you cut up bits of paper, you take digital photographs. You're always on the move and great with your hands. You use words like "Postmodern," "image," "simplicity," and "project." You frequently fuss with your sculpted hair. Your clothes speak to others with their symmetry and color scheme. You spend hours in the studio. You've little money or accomplishment, but aren't concerned one bit. You listen to electronic music. You have friends and roommates who are also devoted to the creative side of life. You don't care if you never get recognized--as long as you've created art, then you'll die happy.

     
  • At 3/31/05, 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You admit you ALWAYS carry a book, and glasses, so that's two out of three (though if you're squinting at me from across the room/street I know you need to put them on.) Add 'eye rolling,' subsitiute Jane Austen for Jack Keroack, and you're a dead giveaway for a tortured intellectual hipster. -Lisa

     
  • At 4/1/05, 7:25 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    you should be nervous. very, very nervous.

     
  • At 4/4/05, 8:15 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I have just realized that, overall, we are so pegged despite inconsistencies with questions. I mean, HELLO:

    Etta = tortured intellectual
    Kathryn = fashion plate
    Lisa = artiste
    Bryce = ?? (results did not include hipster title)

    All in all, a little scary, no?

     
  • At 4/7/05, 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know, am I a STEROTYPE? yikes. -Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home