tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Poor girl

In a previous post (third one down), I discussed celebrities that annoy the heck out of me. One of them is Sienna Miller. One of the many reasons she annoys me is that she has been cast as my high school idol Edie Sedgwick (I no longer call her my idol, because I am now a mature adult who does not find the lives of rich, stylish, WASP drug addicts/Warhol muses glamourous--well not most of the time anyway). However, Sienna has apparently been relieved of her duties. Her camp says it was "scheduling conflicts," but the other sources indicate that they decided to go "in another direction." Sadly, that other direction may be Katie Holmes, but I don't have any major issues with her, since she was actually famous before she began dating Tom Cruise.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/23/05, 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As much as I dislike Sienna Miller for her role in popularizing hippie/gypsy wear that's so oversaturating stores right now, she actually kind of looks like Edie, or could with dark hair. A lot more than katie holmes anyway. don't you think?

    And how about a blog (rant) on the awful flowy hippie wear that's everywhere right now, and how much we hate it. Does it, or can it look good on anyone, and why would you want to wear it anyway? -Lisa

     
  • At 5/23/05, 2:32 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I have one ridiculously wonderful and awesome long, flowy hippie skirt that I think is flattering. It is black, with lots of hand-crocheting, kind of eyelet, and not too poufy. It is Juicy Couture and therefore overpriced, but I like it.

    What's in Banana Republic these days, though... UGH.

     
  • At 5/23/05, 5:36 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    i think the occasional piece of hippie-esque clothing can work, but it's definitely a problem when people start to strong together a whole hippie look.

    as of late, my fashion mags have been divided between tons of hippie chic (isn't that an oxymoron), everything flowy and long, and more tailored little dressed and cute skirts, which look very 50s and 60s and are right up my alley.

     
  • At 5/23/05, 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HA! I'm diggin the crochet granny-square pool poncho on the BR site! Paired with clunky junk jewelry and a tie-dye bikini--tres chic.

    And I was loving the tailored 50s and 60s this winter: tweedy skirts, brooches, fake fur tippets, retro-thrift store chic, LOVE it. But overnight I'm supposed to switch gears to gauzey gypsy tops and dangly earrings? Too abrupt, I need a gradual shift to hippie, if at all.

    But if a jean skirt is hippie wear I may be a hypocrite. Oh, and I envy the long hippie mane, so guess I don't know WHAT i want. -Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home