tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, April 15, 2005

How much should I tell?

I’ve been very swamped this week and haven’t had a whole lot to say, hence, no new posts. However, I have been spending a lot of time reading random blogs (that “next blog” button is dangerous). I find myself occasionally getting very sucked into certain blogs. They are usually the very personal ones. There’s something compelling, yet voyeuristic, about reading these blogs. Some of them are really fascinating.

My blog has been fairly impersonal so far, and I don’t see that changing. I’m comfortable talking about my interests and what I did over the weekend and celebrities I dislike, but not about my innermost thoughts. I suppose that many of these blogs have taken the place of a written journal or diary (although the word diary sounds like it should have one of those locks with the little tiny keys). But they are in a completely public forum. There is something really brave about this. In a way, I admire that kind of honesty, but I also know that I absolutely could not be that open in a public forum.

I’m curious what others think of this.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/18/05, 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mean like this one?
    jaasminee.blogspot.com

    Sorry I just found this post, I'm behind on your blog, but I've yet to find a really intriguing personal blog. Whenever I browse through the "next" blogs it's all a bunch of self-centered or meaningless teen bullshit.

    Part of me thinks there's something narcissistic about putting the minutia of your personal life on the internet, as if it's really that relevant to the world. Unless maybe you live in Iraq or have an interesting occupation like a prostitute. But mostly it's middle class suburban white folk, isnt' it? --Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home