tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, June 17, 2005

Odds and Ends for a Friday afternoon

The ladies of Go Fug Yourself strike again, this time at inexplicable fashion icon Sienna Miller (link, scroll down). Discuss amongst yourselves.

Dancing with the Stars was fabulous again this week. My faith in the American TV-viewing public was restored when Evander Holyfield was given the boot. I know he’s a heavyweight champion, but he is just not a dancer. Apparently, being light on your feet in the ring does not transfer to the dance floor. Annoying General Hospital chick held on for another week, actually showing some improvement. One issue I have with this competition is that on each night, the couples are dancing one of two dances. This week it was the tango or the jive. Last week it was the quick step or the rhumba. I think this makes it really difficult to judge the couples against each other; these are very different dances. For example, the jive is really fast and involves lots of kicks. The tango is more slow and sexy. But whatever, this is some good TV.

Brian’s birthday is next week and I’m throwing him a party tonight. It should be very fun, but I have this tendency to stress a lot before hosting anything. This will be the third thing I’ve hosted in about five weeks (going away party for a friend in May, my wine group last week, and now this), so I’m a little over it. Luckily, the apartment is in pretty good shape from last week’s guests, so there isn’t too much to do. I’m ashamed to admit that I usually throw a lot of stuff in the bedroom and shut the door. Why do we have so MUCH stuff?

10 Comments:

  • At 6/17/05, 8:07 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Two words: doll obsession

    This covers Simpsons, Collector's items, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings....

     
  • At 6/17/05, 8:25 PM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Good Read!

     
  • At 6/17/05, 8:32 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    oh yeah, that whole doll thing. but over the last couple of weeks, i've actually sold off a bunch of dolls, so i'm really trying to cut back.

     
  • At 6/17/05, 8:34 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Good job! I'm the last one who should be casting stones, though. My glass house would crash down, trapping me and all my junk for all eternity.

     
  • At 6/17/05, 8:39 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    well, try not to laugh too hard when you see how much stuff we have tonight!

     
  • At 6/17/05, 9:46 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    1. your home phone number is in my cellphone as 'dollhouse'

    2. if you have people in your apartment instead of on the roof, you've got farts in your head. it's beautiful out there

    3. we can smoke pot in your place, right?

    4. brian already has every toy imaginable, what on earth do you get him for his birthday?

    5. budweiser in a can tonight?

     
  • At 6/18/05, 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why haven't the folks at GoFugYourself given Sienna her own SECTION yet? she's so deserving and there's more than enough material...L

     
  • At 6/20/05, 9:13 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    sienna is in desparate need of her own section. if courtney peldon (who the hell is she?) has her own section, then surely sienna needs one too.

     
  • At 6/21/05, 3:15 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I think they're scared to fully fug Sienna. She's still showing up as a style *maker* in a lot of fashion rags.

     
  • At 6/21/05, 6:25 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    they haven't hesitated to skewer supposed "tastemaker" chloe sevigny, so why kid gloves for sienna? i say, don't hold back. those capri leggings are plenty of ammunition.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home