tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Not the Worst Day Ever

So, today has been a pretty good day. I managed to convince my cell phone provider to take 15 bucks off my bill, even though I was basically in the wrong, just by complaining loudly. I imagine they are used to complaining, as they have replaced their annoying press-a-number automated system with a far more annoying tell-us-what-the-problem is system. After screaming “there is a problem with my bill” at a computer 18 times, I was beyond annoyed, and I’m sure the person who answered my call just wanted to get me off the phone.

I weighed myself this morning, and I have actually lost a couple of pounds, three to be exact. I know, it’s not exactly astounding, but since I am only trying to lose approximately 12 pounds, I have reached 25% of my goal. So I guess ramping up my workouts has actually paid off. Woo-hoo.

6 Comments:

  • At 10/21/05, 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear Gwenyth is leaving London to come back to the US, and one of the reasons supposedly is she's sick of no customer service. I hear you gwennie. So the next time you're on the phone with a customer service rep who actually uses the word "sorry" and offers you money, give thanks to god you live in the USA.

    woo hoo! for the weight loss, doesn't it kinda feel good to be healthy? -L

     
  • At 10/21/05, 5:33 PM, Blogger Ross said…

    Paulo loves you.

    ~Paulo

     
  • At 10/21/05, 7:05 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Congrats, Etta!!

    I assume you skipped HH to avoid the alcohol calories. ;)

     
  • At 10/21/05, 7:12 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    thanks for the support!

    l, gwynnie is just a big fat complainer. when she first moved to london and was all about it, she complained nonstop about how awful the U.S. is. i think she is just kinda whiny. yeah, keep complaining about how awful it is that the world cares about your life. those people are giving you a career. it's not "a view from the top" that's keeping you in the news. (sorry for the rant, but i find ms. paltrow uber-annoying).

    k, i planned on going to HH and decided that would be my night off from the gym. but i felt awful all day and was in such a rotten mood that i felt it would be unfair to subject anyone to me. will totally be there next time.

     
  • At 10/25/05, 9:47 PM, Blogger Sharkbait said…

    Congrats on 3 pounds. The first few are always the toughtest, regardless if you want to lose 12 or 120!

    Stay motivated. :-)

     
  • At 10/26/05, 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your weight loss!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home