tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, January 06, 2006

WAKE UP, WAKE UP!

The other night I was having a serious anxiety dream (in which I was trapped in an elevator, with my mother, two of my worst anxiety triggers), and a strange thing happened. I was at a bad point in the dream, as I had just realized that I was stuck in a very small elevator and that I had no way to get out (and did I mention that I was with my mother?). As the panic rose, I suddenly thought, “Wake up.” And I did. This has never happened to me before. I am pretty excited, because I’m hoping that I’ve learned some form of mind control, so now whenever I have an unpleasant dream, I can just snap right out of it. Lord Kissington informs me that this is called “lucid dreaming” and it’s quite common. I think he just doesn’t want to recognize my awesome mind control powers.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/9/06, 4:44 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    an impressive power yes, but what i'm interested in learning how to do is go back to having the same dream i was having right before i woke up. now THAT is some dreaming.

     
  • At 1/9/06, 6:05 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I feel... compelled... to comment... for some strange reason.

    You wouldn't know anything about that.

    ...or would you?

     
  • At 1/10/06, 6:42 PM, Blogger Cupcakegrrl said…

    I've had lucid dreaming, too. It's nice. If only it worked in real life, like when you're getting a speeding ticket or on a bad date or something. I've tried saying, "Wake up!" but people seem to just get mad and take it personally.

    It was especially problematic with the policeman writing the ticket...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home