tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Best (and a Couple of Worsts) of 2005

It’s a few days into the new year now, but I can still get all nostalgic for the past, can’t I? Here are a few notes on things I liked and hated in 2005.

Best vacation where I got engaged: Cornwall, England (not much choice here really.)

Best book I read this year: The Basque History of the World by Mark Kurlansky

Favorite albums of 2005:
You Could Have It So Much Better, Franz Ferdinand
Aerial
, Kate Bush
Confessions on a Dance Floor
, Madonna

Favorite album in 2005 that didn’t necessarily come out in 2005: Libertines, Up the Bracket

Favorite movies of 2005:
Kingdom
of Heaven
Good Night and Good Luck
Pride and Prejudice
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Totally awesome movie that I never thought I would like and I am surprised that I am admitting I liked because it totally kills whatever remaining punk rock cred I have: Rent

Dumbest movie I spent two hours of my life that I’ll never get back watching: Star Wars III

Best of Netflix watched in 2005 (stuff that didn’t come out in 2005, but I didn’t see until now):
Shattered Glass
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Infernal Affairs
Closer

Favorite time waster for the first half of 2005: MySpace

Favorite time waster for the second half of 2005: US Weekly

Worst trend of 2005: gaucho pants.

Favorite TV show: House

(Actual favorite TV show that I am ashamed to admit I watch: Guiding Light)

Best celebrity train wreck of 2005: a tie between Tom Cruise’s meltdown and the ever amusing Britney/K-Fed marriage.

Worst personal train wreck: trying to plan my wedding without losing my mind (the jury is still out on this one)

Most annoying celebrity of 2005: Sienna Miller

Best “We’re mad as hell and we’re not gonna take it anymore” journalism moment: Anderson Cooper reporting on Katrina

9 Comments:

  • At 1/5/06, 4:54 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    dead baby is in the mail for the libertines mention.

    h8 u

     
  • At 1/5/06, 7:30 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    let's all give a warm welcome to weird angry bryc3. it's been a long time, dood.

     
  • At 1/5/06, 8:11 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    I'M NOT GONNA PAY A LOT FOR THIS MUFFLER!

    ps- come get drunk tonight with me, baby, patty and selma and one canadian.

     
  • At 1/5/06, 9:23 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    nice. i dunno about tonight. i need to go to the grocery store (lame) and ummh, well, it's the premiere of "dancing with the stars" (even lamer). i'm sad.

     
  • At 1/5/06, 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't belive your love of Dancing with the Stars gets second place to House! L

     
  • At 1/5/06, 10:25 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    i think i may be over dancing with the stars. it was fun and kitschy the first time around, but now there's too much hype and too many "stars" and i just can't get enthused.

     
  • At 1/5/06, 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sienna Miller...I don't get her appeal.

     
  • At 1/5/06, 10:50 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    your punk rock credibility called, he says, 'tell etta i'm out of here. and oh yeah, entertainment tonight is on in twenty minutes.'

     
  • At 1/9/06, 3:16 AM, Blogger Big Sky Girl said…

    good choices all. and damn sienna miller. not a good actress. not terribly attractive, not even worth gossiping about. famous for getting cheated on by jude law. so it begs the question what's worse: paris hilton being famous for a sex tape or sienna miller being famous for getting cheated on like millions of other women by a man whose naked pic proves he was a lost cause to begin with???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home