tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Monday, April 10, 2006

Spain Vignette 4: A Few Photos

I must admit to being something of a Luddite when it comes to cameras. I have a good digital camera, and although I always bring it along on vacation, I tend to take most of my photos with my old trusty manual Pentax. I just feel more comfortable with it. Most of my Spain pics are on the Pentax, and I have to get the film developed, which I haven’t gotten around to yet, since I’ve been spending most of my time sorting through the 1400 photos from my wedding (I kid you not). But I did manage to take a few snapshots with the digital camera, and here is a brief selection.

This is the Casa Mila, also known as La Pedrera, Barcelona’s most famous apartment building, designed by Antoní Gaudi, the founder of Modernisme (a distinctly Catalan form of Art Nouveau).




The other photos are from the Parc Guell, a park designed by Gaudi. It's a bit like what Disneyworld might be like if someone with taste and originality had designed it. The disc in the third photo is one of many very cool tile structures in the park.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home