tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Monday, April 17, 2006

Taxing My Brain

I keep trying to write this really amazing (or at least that is how I envision it) post about my favorite place in Spain, but it’s not coming together as I had hoped, and I still don’t have any pics (you try going through 1400 weddings pics and then add 150 Spain ones to the mix), and this post will really need visual accompaniment. So we are left with the following.

*It’s really fucking cold out.
*I still haven’t mailed my taxes. They are all done, but I am lazy and cold and mailing them would entail going outside.
*I had another idea for a post that involves a little trip down dive bar memory lane, but it would require pulling together a lot of thoughts and trying to be witty and that just isn’t happening today.
*I’ve found a temporary cure for my insomnia: severe allergy attacks that completely knock me out by 9:30 most nights.
*On Saturday, Lord Kissington broke a beer bottle and everyone assumed I had done it and they were all like, don’t step in it, ha ha ha. You smash one bottle of Corona with your foot and have to get 11 stitches and people never let you live it down.
*I have no memory of the broken bottle incident, although I apparently was standing right next to him when it happened.
*The first time I calculated my DC taxes, I owed over 200 bucks. The second time, I got it down to $50. I gave it a third try and came up with $38. Guess which one I decided to go with?
*At the conclusion of Easter dinner yesterday, I declared a moratorium on any and all wedding discussions, because I just can’t talk about it any more. It was a wedding, not the second coming of Christ.
*Within 4 hours, I had broken my moratorium, but from today, it’s back on.
*If you hear me mention my wedding, feel free to remind me of the moratorium and then smack me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home