tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fat and Lazy

I have gotten really lazy lately. I haven’t been to the gym in ages. My allergies are making me tired all the time, and I sit around on the couch a lot. I didn’t take a shower until 5 p.m. on Sunday, which at first I felt bad about, but then I remembered that when I was single, I did shit like that all the time, and I never thought it was a bad thing (probably because there wasn’t someone else in the apartment saying things like, “ummh, have you taken a shower yet?”), so whatever. Eventually, I did want to leave the house, so into the shower I went.

When we actually made it out of the house, Lord Kissington and I waited in line for about 15 minutes at McDonalds. This is probably the longest I’ve ever waited in line at a McDonalds, and there were only maybe three people in front of us. You would think that having to wait for so long would have cured us of the need to use that buy-one-get-one-free “premium sundae” coupon*, but it didn’t and we ate them (one Oreo sundae and one brownie sundae) and they were damn good.

So now I am apparently turning into someone who sits around in her PJs all day and then finally leaves the house only to visit McDonalds and use coupons to gorge herself. Which is hot, no?

*Which came in a book of coupons that my mother received in the mail, which she held on to and handed to me, saying “You eat at McDonalds sometimes, right?” To which I replied, “No, never… well, maybe every once in a while… ok, ok, all the time.”

3 Comments:

  • At 6/13/06, 6:02 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    is he really allowed to ask you if you've taken a shower yet that day? baby get's pissed when i ask her that. nobody puts baby in a shower, i suppose.

     
  • At 6/13/06, 8:26 PM, Blogger mysterygirl! said…

    I love it-- maybe because I got McDonald's coupons in the mail last week and totally redeemed one for chicken selects on my road trip this past weekend...

     
  • At 6/13/06, 9:08 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    bryc3: well, he didn't say it in a "you stink" kind of way, but i still snarled a little.

    mg!: those coupons are making me really happy. i will probably not be so happy when i no longer fit in my clothes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home