tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, August 04, 2006

I Could Be Zen, If Everyone and Everything Weren't So Annoying All the Time

Things/people that are annoying me:

1. The person who parked in Lord Kissington’s assigned parking spot last night. Ummh, did you pay $125 to park there? I didn’t think so. (I suggested slashing his tires, but LK made a good point: if you’re thinking vandalism, key the car instead, so they can still drive it away.)

2. Everyone constantly bitching about the heat. Yes, it’s very hot. But, hello, this is DC. We have at least a week or two like this every summer. Get used to it. It’s not like we don’t all live, work, and drive in heavy AC. (My exception: anyone who works outside totally has the right to bitch about the heat. The rest of you pussies just need to suck it up.)

3. The people if my office who complain about it not being cold enough. Yeesh, the AC is set to “Arctic,” but apparently, that’s not good enough for you.

4. People who see that I am wearing headphones but insist on trying to talk to me in a normal tone of voice, forcing me to remove my headphones, only to realize that they are saying something like, “So, you’re listening to music” or “Hot out there, huh?”

5. I’m about to be another year older. Can we say bitter? Back I was young and naïve, I used to say things like, “I want to grow old gracefully.” HA! Now I’ve progressed to “kicking and screaming” mode.

6. The cabbie who almost ran me over last night. What part of “right of way” do you not understand?

7. The way everyone in DC dresses. I know I’m flogging a dead horse here, but just give me a little something to work with here, people.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/7/06, 12:56 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    I'm with you on all of these, but my biggest "amen" by far goes to #2. News flash, folks: whining about the heat doesn't make it any cooler.

     
  • At 8/7/06, 4:25 PM, Blogger m.a. said…

    Wow. I can't believe the gall of someone who would park in LK's spot? I would kick the car and put a small nail in the tire...

     
  • At 8/7/06, 6:50 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    jb: absolutely. and whining too much just makes it more likely that someone like me will lose it and scream at you. not that i would ever do anything like that.

    ma: a friend found someone in his spot once, and he let some of the air out of their tires, just enough so that they wouldn't notice and would be able to drive away, but enough that it would cause them problems.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home