tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Home Sick

Yesterday, I felt like crap, so I went home early. While riding the bus home (bus in middle of day = totes depressing, but perhaps that’s because I only ride the bus in the middle of the day when I’m sick, so I’m not at my best), I glanced at a discarded newspaper. Apparently, there’s some kind of war thing going on in the Middle East. I don’t know much about it, which is what happens when you get all your news from the Express, which devotes one small paragraph to the current crisis and features really important articles like “Sudoku: Passing Fad or Not?”

Since I was home sick, I watched lots of brain-rotting TV (Elizabeth, dump that pill-popping loser’s ass and get back with Jason, please). I got sucked into an episode of Oprah, which was all about the evils of crystal meth. The take-home message of the show was “crystal meth is totally bad bad bad and it turns even soccer moms into depraved losers,” but the message I really got was that it makes you lose weight. Of course, you’ll probably lose your teeth and any claim you ever had to beauty, so it’s probably not worth it. The best part was when a former meth addict was discussing the dangers of indiscriminate meth-induced sex in the gay community (although I would hazard a guess that indiscriminate sex is just as prevalent among straight meth users. Just sayin’.) and he used the term “barebacking,” to which Oprah feigned ignorance and said “barebacking? What’s that?” HI-larious.

This morning, while walking to work, I fell to my knees. No, it wasn’t the rapture. I’m still not sure what happened. My show did something funny, I lost my footing, and next thing you know, I’m on my knees. No damage done, but still not the best way to start the day.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/26/06, 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a friend who's a vice cop - you'd probably be surprised by the number of meth labs they bust in Dupont.

    And I don't know what barebacking is either.

     
  • At 7/27/06, 5:35 AM, Blogger Brunch Bird said…

    We were having a parallel day yesterday. I was home sick watching that god-awful Oprah meth episode, too. Of course you had the advantage of not having your dog about to eat you if you keeled over. (this will make sense if you check out my blog post from yesterday.) Hope you feel better. I'm still out of it.

     
  • At 7/27/06, 1:51 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    The fact that Lucky is now screwing Maxie who used to be Belle on Days makes me angrier than is probably healthy.

     
  • At 7/27/06, 2:42 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    rcr: i live in terror of a meth lab blowing up my building. and, ummh, sure you don't.

    brunch bird: hope you're feeling better soon. being sick in the summer is the worst.

    jb: i loathe maxie with a passion. i now loathe lucky too. even though liz's last husband tried to kill her, he's still looking like a better bet at this point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home