tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, July 07, 2006

Now, Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

1. I am super bitter that Hugh Laurie wasn’t nominated for an Emmy for House. I have zero interest in the Emmys, since they seem to mostly reward utter crap like Everybody Loves Raymond and the ceremony is very B list with people in lame dresses, but I checked out the list as I was interested to see if Mr. Laurie would again be nominated for his role as the cranky doctor. After being nominated last year and winning the Golden Globe, he has been overlooked this year, proving my suspicion that the Emmys suck (and depriving the world of what would no doubt be an awesome acceptance speech in the Golden Globes are anything to go by). The crazy hatch dude Desmond from Lost (for whom I am mildly wicked hot in the pants) was nominated, which is a small consolation.

2. I have a lot of champagne in my fridge at the moment, so someone better give me a reason to celebrate soon, or I’ll be forced to mark such momentous occasions as cleaning out my closet or seeing The Devil Wears Prada.

3. Today I’m wearing an adorable white empire-waisted dress. I look like Elizabeth Bennett. Or like I’m pregnant. I’m going to go with the former.

4. I can barely tell you anything that’s happened in the world this week (North Korea did something or other), but I can tell you everything that’s happened on General Hospital. This scares me.

5. I have had the song “Simply Irresistible” by Robert Palmer stuck in my head all day. I am ready to kill someone. Lord Kissington called me and told me that some friends of his were going to see Toad the Wet Sprocket this weekend, and after we both laughed for five minutes, I started singing that one big song they had, thinking it would knock Robert Palmer out of my head. It didn’t work, but I’m pretty sure LK now has Toad the Wet Sprocket stuck in his head.

3 Comments:

  • At 7/7/06, 7:55 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    C'mon. If you really want a Robert Palmer song stuck in your head, Bad Case Of Loving You is the way to go.

    "Doctor doctor, give me the news..."

     
  • At 7/7/06, 8:08 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    Ha ha. I just filled a friend I haven't seen in months in on the lame details of my life, and when I realized I was finished, I said "and that's it. But I could tell you what's happening on any of the ABC soaps, if you like."

     
  • At 7/10/06, 7:29 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    Yuriy is right. Those girls are so fine, there's no telling where the money went!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home