tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away

On Sunday, I didn’t do much. The humidity was making me feel droopy and I was tired. All day long, I had this nagging feeling that there was something I was supposed to be doing, but I could never figure out what it was. Yesterday, it suddenly came to me. My dad had asked me to stop by his house on Sunday and empty the dehumidifier (he’s at the beach). Of course, I had forgotten all about this and since it had been raining for days, I was a little worried that the place would have jungle-style humidity and possibly be flooded. So I stopped over there last night. Unlike most other times that I have taken care of the house, there was absolutely nothing wrong. It wasn’t too humid, and despite the nonstop rain and flooding everywhere else in the city, the basement was bone dry. While I was there, my dad called my cell to ask me how things were as he had heard about all the flooding and was a little worried. He was totes impressed that I was at the house checking on things. I decided not to mention that I was only there because I had forgotten to stop by the day before. I’m a bad kid.

In keeping with my fascination for all things Anna Wintour, I present you with this little story. Maybe it’s a big fat lie, but it’s pretty awesome. The Devil Wears Prada opens this weekend. Be there!

Normally, I love rain, but this is getting ridiculous. Although I must say, I haven’t had it too bad. I walk to work, so my commute has been wet but no longer than usual. And we live on the 6th floor, so no flooding. Today I am wearing the most adorable white eyelet skirt, which unfortunately became obscene when I was rained on while walking home. It’s also covered with mud splatters. Sigh.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/28/06, 4:50 AM, Blogger Cupcake Blonde said…

    Oh no, that is why I hardly ever wear white. I am sure to always slatter, drip, drop or spray everything on it. It has just started raining in Vegas and I love it since we get so few rainstorms here. But I'm sure if I were on the East Coast I would be cursing the heavens with you.

     
  • At 6/28/06, 1:45 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    There's this strange light-providing orb in the sky this morning. It gives me false hope.

     
  • At 6/28/06, 2:49 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    people in my office were staying home yesterday and the day before because of the 'flooding.' i appreciate there has been some localized flooding that has made the outer suburbs treacherous, but come on people. it's raining water, not broken glass.

    i'm with you on loving the rain etta, and i ate this up. i wish it would keep on raining. of course, i could do without the crippling humidity. and am i the only one worried about what are sure to be horrifying mosquitos soon?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home