tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, June 23, 2006

Ka-Boom

Last night, we celebrated Lord Kissington’s birthday with a few friends at AV. Dinner was good and the conversation was great. Among the highlights:

“I am so over MySpace. Especially now that I can’t talk to the teenagers anymore.”

“It only takes me 30 or 45 minutes to get through an issue of US Weekly.”
“It would take you a lot longer if you really cared.”
“And surely it takes you longer than 30 minutes to cut out all the pictures of your favorites and paste them in your scrapbook.”

At one point, Ward and June’s baby (Bean) was playing with his dad’s blackberry and it was totally adorable because the Blackberry looked so huge in his tiny little hands, and I said, “Oh, look at his tiny little hands. They’re so cute.” And then the baby gave me the dirtiest look, which was seen by others as well, so I’m not just some paranoid loon who thinks babies hate her. I didn’t know 6-month-old babies were capable of giving the stink eye. I just gained a lot more respect for babies.

A crazy thunderstorm woke me up around 1:30 this morning. It took me forever to fall back to sleep since the thunder was insanely loud and the lightning was bright enough to illuminate the whole room (thanks, lightning. Like I need another reminder that my bedroom is a mess.). As I lay there unable to sleep, I marveled at the fact Lord Kissington was sleeping through the cacophony and light show. And I pondered the twists of fate that brought a woman who has been plagued by insomnia since childhood together with a man who falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. I’m so jealous. Is it awful that I sometimes feel the urge to punch him just to wake him up? Of course, if I did that, he would just mumble “huh?” and fall immediately back to sleep, so it wouldn’t be at all satisfying.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/23/06, 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How was AV? I've actually never been. I don't know why.

     
  • At 6/26/06, 5:02 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    i was disappointed with AV to be honest, although we had a great time. people raved about the white pizza all day when i told them i was headed there, but it was absolutely swimming in garlic. it was ok, just didn't live up to the hype.

    do you remember professor shouting something profane in the middle of dinner? i can't remember what he said, but i remember cringing. like literally shouted it.

    by the way the exact same thing happened at our place with the thunderstorm. at one point baby even woke me up to tell me to listen to the storm. apparently, anyway. i don't remember any of it. and i was back asleep in seconds.

     
  • At 6/26/06, 7:28 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    rcr: i would say that, on the whole, AV is good. it depends on what you order, but most of the food is quite good, it's pretty cheap, and the atmosphere is fun, very old school italian.

    bryc3: hmmh, dunno about the white pizza, but my enormous plate of things that you're highly allergic to was totally awesome.

    i have no memory of profane shouting, but i was kind of in a seafood coma.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home