tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

201

1. I just noticed that yesterday was my 200th post. I’ll refrain from posting 200 fascinating facts about myself. (Could I even come up with 200?) You may note that, in a probably fruitless effort to close the barn door long after the horse is out, I’ve changed my blog name to Lady Tiara. The new name is courtesy of Kathryn. Use it. Love it. Or, you know, whatever.

2. It’s sad to say, but the death of Aaron Spelling has been a publicity boon for daughter Tori*. She’s had two US Weekly covers in the last month. This week’s story is a fabulous piece of propaganda. Mother Candi comes across as a heartless shrew for screwing poor little Tori out of her inheritance, while Tori is totally “just folks” and was never about the money. She totally hated growing up rich. The article includes photos of her with her new husband shopping at a dollar store in Toronto, scratching off lottery tickets, and standing outside a pawn shop looking at a neon sign that states “We buy gold.” It’s awesome.

3. For those of you who got here by searching for some variation of “dreaming of surviving a plane crash,” please note that although I am an anxious person who has plane crash dreams on a fairly regular basis, said dreams do not actually provide any useful tips for surviving plane crashes.

4. For the person who got here by searching for “Hugh Laurie in The Guiding Light,” I’m pretty sure that if my beloved Mr. Laurie had made an appearance on my favorite soap opera, I would know about it. I think we can file this under “pipe dream.”

5. As I’ve mentioned previously, my fingers have a tendency to swell, and my brand spankin’ new wedding isn’t fitting so well. During this latest heat wave, I seem to have developed elephantiasis of the fingers, and my ring is killing me.

*The death of Aaron is a sad sad thing because now there will never be another Dynasty. And don’t even try to convince me that Desperate Housewives is the Dynasty of our time, because that piece of crap is no Dynasty. It’s no Dallas. It’s not even Knots Landing.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/2/06, 5:12 AM, Blogger Cupcake Blonde said…

    The same thing happened to me and my wedding ring. I can not get it off my finger (something I discovered when I tried to remove it while doing an extremely dirty task). I had a small panic and immediately began dieting.

     
  • At 8/2/06, 2:16 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    If you get the ring resized (or just get a larger ring) there are smaller rings that cushion inside them that you can take out during the months when your fingers shrink.

    Or you could just have a "summer ring" and a "winter ring."

    And now people will get here by searching "shrinking fingers" as well as "shrinking boobs."

     
  • At 8/2/06, 2:40 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    vp: it's driving me nuts because some days it fits fine and other days it actually hurts. i guess i shouldn't have bought it in the winter when my fingers are decidedly non-swollen.

    jb: i'm thinking i may have to get it resized and get the cushion thing. luckily, i got the lifetime warranty so i can get that done for free i think. i don't understand why my boobs have shrunk and my fingers have expanded. something's just wrong here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home