tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Monday, August 07, 2006

I Feel Like the Three Bears After Goldilocks Paid a Visit

After spending most of yesterday in bed with a stomach ailment, I dragged my queasy self into work this morning and found things not quite as I had left them Friday evening. I first noticed that my phone had been moved. Then I saw that my keyboard had also been moved, my mouse pad was backwards (easy to tell since the wrist pad was now in the wrong direction), all my pens had been neatly placed in a cup, and my haphazard pile of paper clips had also been neatly placed in a cup. Also, my collection of empty styrofoam cups was gone (or used to store pens and paper clips). Whoever did this didn’t even steal the loose change on my desk: all 14 cents was still there. So, what happened? Did an obsessive compulsive neat freak stumble upon my office over the weekend? Were they stunned by the state of my desk (I like to call it organized chaos)? Did they not have anything better to do over the weekend? I don’t think it was the office cleaners, because they mainly just take my trash out and then return the trash can to extremely odd places.

Sadly, the clean freak stopped short at actually attempting to do any of the piles of paperwork on my desk. I suppose that was too much to hope for.

P.S. I don’t know if you make house calls, magic cleaning elf, but if you do, my bathroom could use some attention. Thanks!

2 Comments:

  • At 8/8/06, 1:00 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    I came back from vacation on year to find that either the cleaning lady or my office mate had cleaned my desk--not by getting the trash off of it, mind you, but by making a nice organized pile of trash in one corner. Awesome.

     
  • At 8/8/06, 7:01 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    jb: because trash is so much better when it's organized in a neat pile?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home