tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Embarrassing?

What I had for lunch

A post over at Kathryn on about weird diets had a strange effect on me. After reading it and commenting, I suddenly had a huge craving for mcdonalds. I have a love/hate relationship with McDonalds. Love the food, hate everything else about it. I eat it maybe 3 times a year, usually when I have a wicked hangover. Today, however, I am not hungover (one glass of wine with dinner and in bed by 10:15 last night, almost unheard for me); there’s just something about discussing flaxseed diets that makes me want to do the exact opposite. For the record, there is a McDonald’s less than about 100 feet from my office, so I think I’m pretty restrained in keeping my consumption to a minimum. I was very polite to the cashier, bryc3, but she didn’t offer me any extra straws.

One problem with eating McDonalds at work is that I don’t want anyone to see me eating McDonalds. I managed to sneak out without seeing anyone, but I ran into a co-worker on the elevator on my way back to work. Slightly embarrassing. He’s probably a fifth-level vegan or something.

On the agenda for this evening

Tonight, I’m going to see the Get Up Kids. It’s somewhat unexpected. The story is: A few weeks back, bryc3 informed that the Get Up Kids were doing a farewell tour and would be at the 9:30 on June 22. Since I live reasonably close to the 9:30, I said I would get tickets. Unfortunately, I dawdled and procrastinated and just plain forgot about it, and they sold out. Some tickets became available and were snatched up (not by me), and now we are going, which is good since I was feeling very guilty about robbing bryc3 of his last chance to see them. bryc3 and I (and a couple of others) saw them maybe 4 years ago at the 9:30, and it was an amazing show. I’m hoping tonight will live up to that.

Toto lovin'

A while back, there was some discussion of Toto at Kathryn on. It inspired me to order Toto’s Super Hits from Amazon, and let me tell, that was $7 well spent. It’s got “Hold the Line,” “Rosanna,” and “Africa” (and a bunch of other songs I’d never heard and don’t care about at all). It’s like it’s 1982 all over again. Did you know that Toto won six Grammys in 1983? I didn’t either, until I bought this fine collection.

8 Comments:

  • At 6/22/05, 6:49 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Please don't tell me I missed Toto karaoke when I left your house Friday. nooooooooooooooo

     
  • At 6/22/05, 6:54 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    hahahaha! nope, the karaoke plan sort of fell apart. the machine was all set up, but it just didn't happen. i think everyone was too drunk to get motivated. i did break out some toto on the stereo, which got me some strange looks. there was also some "xanadu" soundtrack action, which probably really confused people. the evening gets a little hazy at that point.

     
  • At 6/22/05, 7:15 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Oh, I heard Xanadu! So I left as you were getting foggy. It all works out.

     
  • At 6/22/05, 9:21 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    hmmh, i remember the end part of the evening pretty well, just not what order things happened in. not so bad. i definitely remember everyone leaving.

     
  • At 6/22/05, 10:17 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    do you remember that someone (hopefully not from that party) threw up on the roof, and that i almost stepped in it?

    i used to actually be concerned about what my neighbors might think of me bringing home fast food and take out every day. of course, that was before i started bringing home a girl in a mcdonald's uniform every night.

     
  • At 6/22/05, 10:37 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Bryc3, you completely missed the opportunity to use ^^ there. Inconceivable.

     
  • At 6/24/05, 5:33 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Out of place, but I know you've been watching a little, and this made me giggle.

     
  • At 6/24/05, 6:05 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    thanks for the link! that was great. this show is totally addictive. and he mentions "strictly ballroom," one of my favorite movies of all time. my mother just called me to discuss this week's episode. she is outraged at the audience voting. i'll have to blog about that at some point today. during our conversation, she told me that she wanted to give brian and me dancing lessons for an engagement present. which works out well since i have been pestering brian about dancing lessons for weeks now. i'm a total closet ballroom dancing fan, and i can even do some of the more basic stuff. we took a couple of salsa lessons in preparation for a wedding with a salsa band, and that was very fun. i am so all over that ballroom. watch out, tina sparkle! (obscure "strictly ballroom" reference that no one will get, but it made me happy to type it).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home