tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hibernating

Well, I seem to have gained back those magical three pounds. Yet, a skirt that used to be way too tight now fits, and the waistline on my wedding dress is now a size too big. So, the exercise is working I guess, even if I am not technically thinner. Maybe I just shouldn’t weigh myself at all. It’s way too easy to obsess. Besides, even if I am not getting thinner, I am enjoying my newfound love of exercise. That’s got to be worth something, and it does seem to be helping with my stress level. (Note to anyone thinking about getting hitched: if you are proposed to, if the answer is yes, arrange for an immediate elopement. This goes for the proposer too. I cannot stress this enough, people.)

I have become so lame that I am forgoing an evening at my favorite bar with some of my favorite people just to work out. And watch Alias, which I’m not even sure I like anymore.* And it’s cold out. I guess I’m moving into hibernation mentality. Time to go store some nuts or something.

*A few thoughts on Alias. I hated the new girl for maybe the first 15 minutes, but I have warmed up to her. I actually like the new guy. But they just seem like a retread of Sydney and Vaughn. And what is up with Sydney these days? Are they trying to make her into a total bitch so that no one misses her when she leaves after this season? It seems I am not the only one who doesn’t really believe that Vaughn is dead. Yes, I know we saw him get shot with about 85 bullets and flatline onscreen, but that means nothing on this show. I am really annoyed about Weiss leaving. With Francie dead, Will in the witness protection program, Vaughn dead, Nadia in a coma, and now Weiss leaving, Sydney has no friends. Yes, she still has dear old daddy Jack, but he’s not always the most fun to be around. Maybe this is why she’s so uptight lately. It really bugs me that they had Weiss leave without any kind of acknowledgment that his girlfriend was in a coma. I know, I know, it’s serious, but apparently Weiss doesn’t.

4 Comments:

  • At 10/27/05, 7:59 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    Gary Freedman

    Age: 51
    Gender: male
    Astrological Sign: Capricorn
    Zodiac Year: Snake
    Occupation: Free Spirit
    Location: Washington : D.C. : United States

    About Me

    I used to be acutely ambitious; now I'm just inner-directed, intelligent, idealistic, and independent in thought and action. I am creative; exquisitely sensitive; deeply curious about others; hungry for love; envious of others' spontaneity; intensely needy of involvement with others; and capable of excitement with carefully selected intimates.

    Oh yeah, I'm also either computer illiterate or a fucking psycho. Probably a bit of both.

     
  • At 10/27/05, 10:48 PM, Blogger Big Sky Girl said…

    don't obsess about your weight. I was in pageants for years and I can tell you its just not worth it. I don't even own a scale anymore. I work out, I eat well and if my pants fit I'm happy. I figure as long as your wedding dress looks good then you are money honey.

     
  • At 10/27/05, 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you gained those 3 pounds back in muscle. It does weigh more than fat. It is good that you actually like working out now. I am starting to enjoy it more and more too. I guess that is the trick...you have to actually start enjoying it in order for it to work and for the ounds to stay off.

     
  • At 10/28/05, 10:15 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    thanks for the support! the three pounds are gone again, so i have now vowed to ignore the scale since it's not a good way to measure things. i need to start pulling some old clothes out and trying them out--that will be a much better gauge. and definitely no more obsessing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home