tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Notes from the Weekend

1. I am suffering from major insomnia at the moment. Every night since last Thursday, I have had trouble sleeping. I lie awake for at least an hour. I wake up in the middle of the night and lie awake for another hour. Then I wake up again before the alarm goes off. All of this equals not enough sleep. I figure that sooner or later I will hit a wall and sleep will finally come, right?

2. My mother is still threatening to die before the wedding. And no, she has not developed any fatal illnesses that I know of. At this rate, I will be the one who dies—from sheer aggravation.

3. I ordered a tiara for the wedding. As you might have guessed from the title of this here blog, I dig tiaras, so I’m pretty darn excited to have my very own special wedding tiara. I had to special order it because the pearls in the tiara are being dyed to match my dress. Who knew you could dye pearls? Not me. The tiara is fabulous and reminds me a bit of Napoleonic-era cut steel tiaras. Sorry, that last bit won’t mean anything to anyone who doesn’t own the catalog from the Victoria and Albert Museum’s tiara exhibit. And I’m guessing most of you don’t, so you’ll just have to take my word that it’s beautiful.

4. I spent some time catching up on US Weekly (and feeling my brain turn to mush). Last week’s issue was pretty hysterical since one of the big stories was Lindsay Lohan’s “diet tips.” This issue hit the newsstands right about the time that her Vanity Fair interview became public, you know, the one where she talks about her drug use and bulimia (or alludes to them or whatever). So when she says her diet tips are “eating five small meals and day” and “working out with a trainer,” I should read that as “bulimia” and “blow”? This week’s issue had some back peddling to do, and the cover story was all about Lindsay’s out of control lifestyle. Both issues made light of the Angelina Jolie pregnancy rumors—you know, the rumor confirmed by their publicists last week. Sorry, US Weekly, People totally scooped you on that one.

5. I realized that the state of our bedroom (also know as “the room where we throw everything that we don’t have a place for”) was depressing the hell out of me, so I began the long process of overhauling it. I managed to throw out two garbage bags full of stuff (including several purses and shoes, things I normally have major issues parting with). I’m not done yet, but it’s a start.

6. Viking lager is my new favorite beer.

7. I am totes embarrassed that I wouldn’t let the waitress take bryc3’s plate away at dinner last night, but those tater tots were so worth it. I admit it, I have no self-control.

8. Not really weekend related, but is everyone going to the blogger happy hour tomorrow?

7 Comments:

  • At 1/17/06, 10:10 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Your mom better not die before she gets my RSVP, because I want to see that tiara live!

    And I snickered at Us Weekly's dismissal of the Jolie pregnancy rumors this weekend, too. They went so far as to have some astrologer or some sh-t say it would be best for her to get pregnant in June. Oops.

    I will be there tomorrow night, and look forward to seeing you.

     
  • At 1/18/06, 12:05 AM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I am so totally going to the happy hour.

     
  • At 1/18/06, 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No fair, post a pic of the tiara. If none available a sketch or facsimilie of some sort. We haven't seen the dress yet either, come on. And you're serving tater tots at the reception, right? -L

     
  • At 1/18/06, 3:09 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    k: i spoke to my mother last night, and your RSVP arrived, and i've decided that even if she does die, i'm not canceling the wedding, because "that's what she would want." besides, the honeymoon plane tickets are non-refundable. see you this evening.

    i-66: woo hoo.

    L: sorry, no pics available of the tiara at the moment. i'll take a pic once it arrives and post it (it will be ready mid-february). i'm kind of keeping the dress a secret since b doesn't want to see it. also, it's no longer available on jcrew, so i can't send you the link. sadly, tots were not among the side dishes or hors d'oeuvres available the hotel.

     
  • At 1/18/06, 4:14 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I would have done the same for tater tots. Mmmmm mmm good.

     
  • At 1/18/06, 5:25 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    baby is probably still mad at me for leaving tater tots uneaten on my plate. i swear i'm 75% twelve year old girl.

     
  • At 1/18/06, 6:02 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    nicole: tater tots really are the best.

    bryc3: at least i saved those tater tots from the trash. that's got to count for something. it was funny that she ordered extra tater tots and you couldn't even finish yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home