tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yes, I Do Enjoy a Drink with Brunch Now and Then

1. So, after all my mayoral research (and by all, I mean approximately 45 minutes), I checked my voter registration card, and apparently, I registered as an independent, so I can’t vote in the primary. I don’t have the faintest clue as to why I didn’t register as a Democrat, but there you have it. So, I’ll be stuck voting for whatever candidate those who actually show up for the primary decide to vote for. Or I could do a write in, but meh, I just don’t know. I suppose more research is needed.

2. If you got here by searching for info on the mayoral candidates, you’re probably not getting the information you were looking for. I can’t tell you who to vote for. I can tell you where to get some really great tiaras though.

3. If you got here by searching “stress and cold and wedding and bride,” you have my sympathies. Schedule yourself a massage and start taking Vitamin C. Best of luck to you.

4. If you got here by searching “alcohol at brunch,” please know that I am firmly in favor of it. My favorite is champagne, alone or mixed with various delicious juices (I recently had a brunch drink of champagne and raspberry puree. It looked like champagne mixed with placenta, but it was delish). I also never say no to vodka.

5. We had a few people over on Sunday, and it might the first gathering I’ve ever hosted where nothing got broken. Is everyone growing up or were people just less drunk than usual?

6. Because of cleaning before said gathering, the apartment looks livable for the first time in weeks. I had no idea how large our foyer was. Once I put away the enormous box of wrapping paper that has been sitting there since Christmas, it really opened up the room.

7. I am generally terrified of babies, but this weekend, I learned that they can be pretty fun, especially when you put funny things on their head and take pictures of them, leading to adorable looks of baby consternation. Also, they apparently like to lick US Weekly. But really, who doesn’t?

4 Comments:

  • At 8/23/06, 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "It looked like champagne mixed with placenta"

    A mimoscarriage? Placentalinni? Afterbirth fizz?

    I am going to hell.

     
  • At 8/23/06, 3:20 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    You can decide who I vote for in the primary, if you like. That's how much I care right now.

     
  • At 8/23/06, 4:14 AM, Blogger Cupcake Blonde said…

    Gee I'm boring. I like my champagne with boring ld OJ. I'll have to try the placenta thingie.

     
  • At 8/23/06, 7:42 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    rcr: i'll be in hell with you apparently, since mimoscarriage made me do a spit take.

    jb: how about nestor djonkam? since i know nothing about him, i can at least say that he hasn't found a way to annoy me yet. of course, i'm afraid that if i do any further research, i'll discover that he is meth-addicted cannibal. which makes him slightly worse than fenty, but still a little better than cropp.

    vp: i never say no to mimosas. bellinis are also good (peach juice and champagne). the placenta drink looked awful but tasted great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home