tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Licensed to Wed

Since I’m sure you were all dying to know, Lord Kissington and I do not have syphilis. In fact, we have been certified to be “syph-free” by the DC Department of Health Services. We totally high fived after that.

I made a brief appearance at the blogger happy hour last night, but I has a splitting headache and as soon as I arrived, I realized that I just had no energy left to even make conversation, so I said hello to a few people and didn’t stay long. It seemed like everyone was having a great time. I’m sorry I was too drained to contribute. I hate that all this wedding nonsense is sapping the life out of me.

I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that my headache had turned into a migraine. I totally hate it when that happens. The plan for this morning was to go apply for the marriage license, and since I didn’t want to take another morning off from work, we went even though I was in serious pain. I figured the whole thing would probably be pain-inducing anyway, so having a migraine might not be that big a deal. Actually, the whole thing was relatively painless. Yes, you have to walk past a bunch of offices that point out all the things that could go wrong in your marriage (divorce court, the department of child abuse and neglect, the dept. of mental retardation, the dept. of child support and deadbeat parents, and the division of juvenile affairs), but applying for the license didn’t take too long, and as of Monday, we will be licensed to wed. When we went down to the finance office to pay, I was dismayed to see a long line, but then I noticed there were two windows, the criminal fines payment window, with the long line, and the family division fee window, with no line at all. I felt bad for everyone in the long line.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/24/06, 4:19 AM, Blogger Big Sky Girl said…

    How bad would it suck for a judge to hand down a hefty criminal fine and then you go downstairs to begrudgingly fork over hard earned and there is a long line? I wonder if that counts as a cruel and unusual or excessive punishment? Hmmm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home