tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Got Nothing

I have really been trying to post every day, but I just don’t have it together today. I started a couple of posts, but they just don’t make any sense. So, it’s going to be one of those numbered ones.

1. The other night I went to a bar I used to hang out in a lot but hadn’t been to in at least two years. A guy I used to go out with hung out there all the time. I wondered if I would run into him, figuring there was a 40% chance even though he doesn’t live here (he was *always* there when he was in town). Of course, he wasn’t there, but it got me to wondering about how he is doing (which is a little silly of me since I didn’t respond to the last dozen or so emails he sent me, and he gave up about two years ago. I’m just curious).

2. I watched Safe Men last night. It’s hysterically funny and reminded me of my great love for Sam Rockwell. Lord Kissington would like to be known as Veal Chop from now on, but I just don’t think I can do it.

3. Weezer is going to play the Velvet Underground in the upcoming movie about Edie Sedgwick, Factory Girl. Weezer seems like an odd choice. Fortunately, the presence of the ultra-annoying Sienna Miller will be somewhat offset by Guy Pearce as Andy Warhol (lurve him).

4. I still can’t seem to sleep. I thought that after getting only 5 hours Sunday night and being totally exhausted all day yesterday that I would be able to sleep well last night. Not so much. I am just going to stop obsessing over it, since the worrying is probably just making it worse.

5. So, yeah, this post totally sucks.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/1/06, 1:29 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    Huh--I was actually wondering just yesterday what Guy Pearce had been up to lately.

     
  • At 2/1/06, 1:52 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I am a veteran of the numbered/hyphened post. It's the cure-all for anyone's blogger's block.

     
  • At 2/1/06, 3:23 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Yeah, you did just fine, Miss Etta.

     
  • At 2/1/06, 5:00 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I love the numbered posts, frankly. They provide order to an otherwise non sequitur-ial series of thoughts.

    I didn't sleep at all last night either. Bah.

     
  • At 2/2/06, 3:04 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    jb: i wish guy pearce would do more roles where he looks like his usual yummy self. i am thinking that he may not be quite so hot dressed up as andy warhol.

    i-66: i am thinking this is the way to go. once i start with a list, i can usually come up with a few things.

    k: aww, thanks.

    rc: insomnia is all the rage these days. it totally sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home