tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's Happy Hour Again (and Again)

I stopped by the blogger happy hour last night. It was crazy packed, but I managed to say hello to a few bloggers I’d met before and a few new ones: Kathryn, I-66, Rhinestone Cowgirl (love the tiara!), Travis, EJ, Betty Joan, Marci, Chase, Nicole, and probably some others whose names I didn’t catch. Fortunately or unfortunately, there were no zombies at the happy hour. I came to two realizations last night:

1. Blogging, which one tends to think of as a rather solitary pursuit, has become extremely social in DC. Thus, an activity that brings to mind visions of loners typing away at 4 a.m. has become a way to meet some interesting people in the real world.

2. I don’t like draft beer. I llike my beer supercold, and it’s just way colder in bottles than from the tap.

Hey, I didn’t promise they would be Earth-shattering realizations.

(Anyone who gets the song reference in the title of this post gets a gold star.)

7 Comments:

  • At 1/19/06, 6:05 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    velocity girl?

    sorry again (and again and again and again)

     
  • At 1/19/06, 6:41 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    nope. but i betcha baby would know it.

     
  • At 1/19/06, 9:49 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I concur on the super-cold beer. But I am a fan of draft beer if it comes with a mug so frosted cold you can barely hold it.

    Nice to meet you last night :)

     
  • At 1/19/06, 10:13 PM, Blogger Big Sky Girl said…

    Hey don't knock the loners typing away at 4am!!!;-)

     
  • At 1/20/06, 4:04 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    baby doesn't know either, i asked her.

     
  • At 1/20/06, 4:28 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    nicole: i concur on the frosted mug. sadly, in order to keep my beer extra cold, i have a tendency to drink it way too fast.

    bb: not that there is anything wrong with blogging at 4 a.m. i'm an insomniac, but i have this compulsion to stay in bed in case sleep suddenly hits. if i just got up, i could probably accomplish a lot more.

    bryc3: i am extremely disappointed in both of you.

     
  • At 1/20/06, 6:24 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    i got it! the housemartins. and i don't even have a union jack tattoo.

    bryc3 1, baby 0

     

Post a Comment

<< Home