tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Odd Ends

I am excited to see how many people are coming here by searching for John Banville and Ian McEwen. They’re probably disappointed, but perhaps not as much as the people who get here by searching for “sienna miller hot hot jude law nanny porking.” Besides, having my blog come up in a search involving Booker Prize-winning writers just makes me feel a little more intellectual than when people get here by searching for “kate bosworth dickhead.”

Speaking of John Banville, I am reading his latest novel, the Booker Prize-winning The Sea. It’s the first book I’ve even attempted to read in at least two weeks. I just can’t seem to read much these days, even really dumb books. I dragged a mystery to the salon the other day since I knew I would be there for hours waiting for my color to set, but I ended up reading Allure instead. Awesome.

Every time I get my hair done, I have to explain it to a lot of people at work. I got a trim. I got a blow out. Yes, my hair is normally curly/wavy, but my hairdresser used a straightening iron. Yes, it looks different, but no, it will not look this way when I have to style it myself. Why are these concepts so hard to grasp? Still, it’s not as bad as the time someone asked, “Is it supposed to be that purple?”

I finally got a new cell phone. This will please my friends and family to no end, since the old one had only intermittently worked for the last few months. Damn you, Cingular. Anyway, I switched to Verizon, and the new phone is just great and so cute. Sadly, I am now going to have to say “Damn you, Verizon,” since they only allow you to download ringtones from their lame selection and you have to pay for the privilege of just hearing the ringtones before you can even download them. What a rip-off. I am totally bummed too, because I had a bunch of really cool ringtones picked out and I was stoked to have “Come on Eileen” or “Jesse’s Girl” as my ringtone. (As a result of typing this paragraph, “Come on Eileen” is now officially stuck in my head.)

5 Comments:

  • At 2/7/06, 10:30 PM, Blogger Marci said…

    Funny, as a result of reading that paragraph, I now have Jesse's Girl stuck in my head :)

     
  • At 2/7/06, 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye!

     
  • At 2/8/06, 2:40 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I've been using the Monday Night Football theme song as my ringer.

    I know... typical guy...

     
  • At 2/9/06, 4:24 AM, Blogger Sharkbait said…

    I seriously love the idea of having Come on Eileen as a ringtone. Damn why didn't I ever think of that? Brilliant.

    Everytime my phone would ring, I would smile and think of drunk college days. A beautiful thing.

     
  • At 2/9/06, 5:20 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    see, i would be totally spreading the love by having either "jesse's girl" or "come on eileen" as my ringtone. damn you, verizon.

    and i-66, the monday night football theme song is an awesome ringtone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home