tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Friday, February 10, 2006

Shower Me with Love

So my bridal shower is this weekend, and I’m a little apprehensive. I’m not really a shower kind of person. I like parties that involve drinks, sparkling conversation, and lots of disco dancing. I am not a big fan of parties that involve me opening presents while everyone oohs and ahhs. It’s not that I mind being the certain of attention, I would just rather that it be because I’m busting a move to “Tragedy” or belting out a little karaoke. Luckily, there will be alcohol at the shower, and I have begged and pleaded for no games. Seriously, I am not wearing a hat made out of ribbons. Who came up with that idea?

I’m not even sure why I am having a shower. It just seemed like one of those things that you do, and so I am doing it, despite the fact that I have avoided some many other of the wedding things I am supposed to do. I feel bad that my friends, particularly my bridesmaids, are having to shell out for shower gifts in addition to wedding gifts. I feel bad that they are going to have to sit through a couple of hours of potential family drama (if I were a religious woman, I’d be lighting candles right now to pray that none of that happens). During the shower, Lord Kissington and the assorted husbands/boyfriends/etc. of the shower guests will be hanging out in a bar. Can I tell you that I’m a little jealous?

4 Comments:

  • At 2/11/06, 11:45 PM, Blogger Big Sky Girl said…

    I understand your disdain for the shower. When I planned my friends wedding we didn't do a shower. We rented a restaurant that she liked, and instead of gifts everyone contributed to the cost. We ate brunch, drank mimosas and just hung out. It was way better than hats made out of bows and stupid wedding games.

    But I think this is just one of those things that you're doing for other people more than for yourself and that's too bad. Maybe it will be fun anyway, good luck.

     
  • At 2/13/06, 4:22 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I hope you are going to post all about it!! I thought of you and wished you well yesterday.

     
  • At 2/15/06, 7:24 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    that is the most drunk i have been on a sunday afternoon in a very long time. i barely even remember seeing kissington. i was plowed by the time he got there.

    nice work whipping up a snowstorm for the occasion, too.

    now bring on the lapdances this weekend!

     
  • At 2/15/06, 7:45 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    bryc3: i wouldn't say that i was drunk at the shower, but i'm pretty sure i drank more than everyone else. i made the mistake of not getting a fresh drink before i had to open all the presents. and i felt like i couldn't ask someone to get me another drink since my mother already thinks i'm an alcoholic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home