tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Monday, August 28, 2006

Performance Anxiety Edition

1. I was featured on Wonkette last week, so I may have picked up some new readers. This gives me performance anxiety. Maybe they liked what they read last week and they’re coming back from more. But now, they’re probably thinking, “A crappy numbered post? Whatevs.” So, please come back again. I swear, this hardly ever happens.

2. After all my mayoral research, I decided to check my voter registration card, and guess what? I’m a registered independent so I can’t vote in the primary. I have no idea why I didn’t register as a Democrat. In life, my tastes in such things as music, film, and clothes are pretty indie, but who am I kidding? I pretty much always vote Democrat. So, I guess I’ll be stuck voting for whichever candidate you registered Dems vote for in the primary. If you could find it in your hearts to not vote for Cropp, Fenty, or Orange, I’ll totes love you forever.

3. After my mayoral posts, I got a few comments from people pimping one candidate or another. No support for the front-runners Cropp or Fenty though. I know, shocking.

4. I’ve gone nearly 5 days without any pedestrian rage. Seriously, if everyone continues to behave themselves on the streets of DC, what am I going to write about?

4 Comments:

  • At 8/29/06, 5:05 AM, Blogger Cupcake Blonde said…

    Never fear, you could create the rage yourself and write about people's reactions to your totally unnecessary screaming at something so inconsequential.

     
  • At 8/29/06, 1:26 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    I got a really angry comment from a semi-illiterate Cropp supporter on my signage post. Then I went to his/her blog, and the entire thing is so badly written that it borders on incomprehensible. New campaign slogan--Linda Cropp: she can't be all bad, 'cause morons sure love her.

     
  • At 8/30/06, 2:51 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    i just feel bad that you got all those hits, and my contribution to your post was my professed love of the c word. you should have just deleted it and pretended you didn't know me, swept me under the carpet like so many nerdy ex-friends on the first day of middle school.

     
  • At 8/30/06, 3:29 PM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    vp: believe me, i've considered it.

    jb: i saw that comment. good luck to her if that person is representative of her supporters.

    bryc3: i'd never sweep you under the carpet. what was your name again?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home