tiaras optional

"My only argument is with those who do not view the world as cynically as I do." Michael Korda

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rules for Life and a Brief Hiatus

1. Occasionally, one is struck by something so obvious that it becomes a sort of rule for like. I have lots of these. The most recent I’ve added to my canon is the following: If your children are so small that they need a booster seat to see the screen at the movie theater, they’re just too young to be at the movies. Another good rule for life: If your much-too-young-to-sit-through-a-two-and-a-half-hour-movie*, obviously-ADD child asks for Skittles, for the love of God, just say no.**

2. I found a temporary cure for my recent insomnia: working out. I went to the gym Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and while I wouldn’t call my workouts extreme, they did kick my ass, since I hadn’t been to the gym in a couple of months. Sadly, exercise is only a short-term cure; in a few weeks, my body will adjust to the working out and the workouts will no longer make me tired enough to get rid of the insomnia. Damn you, sleeplessness.

3. I must bid you adieu for a few days. Lord Kissington and I are taking a short vacation to visit his parents at their new home, far far away in retirementville***. So, I will not be blogging for a few days and hopefully will come back well-rested and with lots of interesting stories. Having in-laws makes me feel like such a grown up, until I remember that that 18-year-old chick who was arrested for being drunk and disorderly at her own wedding reception also has in-laws. At least I can be sure that my in-laws probably like me more than hers like her.

*I finally saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2: The One with More Pirates and a Giant Octopussy-esque Monster, and it was decidedly “meh.” Even Orlando Bloom’s stunning good looks couldn’t keep my mind from wandering.
**The child in question managed to hold on to the bag of Skittles for approximately 30 seconds before dumping them out. You’d be surprised what a racket 100 Skittles hitting the floor and rolling all the way down the theater make. Sadly, that was one of the more entertaining moments of this particular moviegoing experience.
***Actually, it’s a 55-and-over community on a golf course, which sounds like hell on Earth to me but they seem to be really enjoying it.

9 Comments:

  • At 9/7/06, 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor girl looks like she fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Also, nice tats. Hawt.

     
  • At 9/7/06, 12:37 AM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said…

    Not having any of mine that I know of, I can only offer a hearty amen about the littlest kids point ... If you know darn well your kid is gonna cry during a movie, get a babysitter!

     
  • At 9/7/06, 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You fucking nasty skank.

     
  • At 9/7/06, 12:46 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    Have fun at the golf course. . .shudder.

     
  • At 9/7/06, 5:10 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said…

    Children should not be taken out in public unless they can behave! I should not have to suffer because of your failure to utilize birth control that is readily available to prevent such annoyances (sp?).

    Reason #2948 why my cat is better than children.

    It's official - I'm going to hell.

    Have a safe trip!

    P.S. What's up with the Gary comment - and nasty comments in general lately??

     
  • At 9/10/06, 5:03 AM, Blogger Cupcake Blonde said…

    Ugh! I hate HATE children in a movie theatre!! It ranks right up there with screaming children in a resturant.

     
  • At 9/12/06, 1:48 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9/12/06, 1:50 PM, Blogger bryc3 said…

    gary,

    lady tiara is your daughter in law. she may not love the place where you've chosen to retire, but that's no reason to call her bad names.

    your pal,

    bryc3

    (oops LT, used your real name in the first one. if everyone found out you're really a guy IRL, you'd be in for it. phew, close one.)

     
  • At 9/13/06, 1:59 AM, Blogger Lady Tiara said…

    rcr: yeah, hawt is the word.

    reel fanatic: the places people bring their children never cease to amaze me.

    gary: i was going to delete your comment, but bryc3 has answered you so well.

    jb: the golf course was shudderific.

    irish red: there's a place in hell reserved for both of us, i think.

    vp: totally agreed.

    bryc3: thanks, dood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home